Forums are back in action! ×

New to the forum, getting feet wet!

Greetings!

New to the forum, been reading the Rebellion for a few months now. My wife and I have been eating pretty steady paleo for about a year, and we have 10 days left of our second Whole30, so we are doing really well with the eating portion of this!

In the past 4-5 weeks we have really switched to a strength training regiment. Picked up "Starting Strength" and we have been working on our squats, deadlifts, etc.

Looking forward to pushing ourselves and setting goals.

Currently I am a 5'9", 140ish. Deadlift is 165, Squat 125, Bench 125. Squat is difficult for me, not increasing as fast as deadlift. I only started bench last week. Had been doing a lot of pushups, modified and otherwise. Love doing chin/pull ups as well. The wife did three unassisted chin ups on Saturday!

I would recommend the Whole30 to anyone. But for starters, pick up "It Starts with Food" - the book behind the Whole30. It is really really excellent and there are numerous takeaways.

Although, if you already are doing a diet with no added sugar, no dairy, no alcohol, etc. Then you are basically doing a Whole30.

Archived