Forums are back in action! ×

Now is the winter of my discontent

Guest Dirty Deads

Guest Dirty Deads

I'm at this again. I have shifted my focus, my diet and my attitude. I have decided to change my (sort of?) dysmorphia. I don't NEED to be big and being small will not make me weak. I don't NEED to lift heavy weights. I am going back to a BW type of training although I will use some resisitance training here and there.

I thought to myself, "how could I POSSIBLY become a real life superhero?" So I thought about a cop, but there is so much corruption in the law. then I thought about medicine, but it is largely about the money. The military wouldn't take me for my diabetes and tattoos and it is even seen by many as corrupt since a lot believe the reasons we are at war are contrived at best. This lead me to think that Fire Fighting is the way. I have plans to volunteer eventually as a wild fire fighter and need to be in AWESOME shape.  I need support though as I have learned that knowledge alone isn't enough (I'm a trainer). I look forward to kicking ass. My aspirations for fitness are parkouresque.

Please take no offense to my name as it is only my favorite character from The Tick.

Yeah Baby, so he says to me, get in shape baby. Yeah!

Love your goals and your new mindset. And fire fighters are super heroes in my book for sure. 

Kessihl - Level 2 Half Elf / Human1 (STR)  2 (DEX)  2 (STA)  3 (CON)  6 (WIS) 3 (CHA)  Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. 

I came in to comment here just because of your name. Love love love the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight!!

And as for you redesigning your whole *life* to become a superhero -- Yeah Baby Yeah Yeah!!!

On a more serious note, I too have noticed the dysmorphic thought that being small will make me weak. I think that comes in double for girls, since they are *expected* to be small and weak, and I'm used to being large and feeling strong, but considering my muscle-to-fat ratio, it's an illusion. Our brains lie. All too often.

I'm new, but I've been reading the articles for this site and just based on that, I'm sure the support here will be thorough awesome sauce!

In the words of your namesake: "This could happen to you, baby…this could happen to anybody!"

Best,

Novena*

Level 2 Assassin: STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4.5

Challenge: The Raptors are Coming

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Being small makes you weak? Seriously?

I am 58 kilograms, yes strong winds blow me half way to Kansas, but i can still do pushups, pull ups, chin ups i regularly beat body builders in the gym when it comes to weights. What counts is body fat, lean muscle mass and ensuring your muscles are not scarred

if you want to be thin, do interval or tabata training. once you have your weight sorted do 3 sets of 5 reps at 90% of your 1 rep max. Sure i cant beat you in an arm wrestle but i can get over a six foot wall and no bodybuilder is impressive if he can life 200 kgs but cant climb over a wall a schoolgirl can manage

the goal for fitness and strength, burpees to clapping pushup to pull up 10 times, i can just do it 6 times and you feel like captain america while doing it

• [*]Level 2 High elf - Ranger (56.7 kilos, approximately 13% body fat)[*]strength 4, dexterity 3, stamina 6, constitution 6, wisdom 5, charisma 2.[*]Challenge - run 5K straight, do 3 day exercise with weighted backpack, reach rep goal for 6 weeks, revise enough for exams; maintain code of bushido[*]"Go into battle determined to die, and you will surely live. Go into battle hoping to live, and you will surely die"

Guest Dirty Deads

Being small makes you weak? Seriously?

I am 58 kilograms, yes strong winds blow me half way to Kansas, but i can still do pushups, pull ups, chin ups i regularly beat body builders in the gym when it comes to weights. What counts is body fat, lean muscle mass and ensuring your muscles are not scarred

if you want to be thin, do interval or tabata training. once you have your weight sorted do 3 sets of 5 reps at 90% of your 1 rep max. Sure i cant beat you in an arm wrestle but i can get over a six foot wall and no bodybuilder is impressive if he can life 200 kgs but cant climb over a wall a schoolgirl can manage

the goal for fitness and strength, burpees to clapping pushup to pull up 10 times, i can just do it 6 times and you feel like captain america while doing it

Big people don't go over six foot walls, we go through them lol.

I get what you're saying though. I have considered some Tabata.   I think your numbers are a little off on the 90% of 1rm. If you can do it 5 times you're definitely underestimating your 1rm.

When lifting I tend towards a linear progressive periodization. I start at 2 weeks in the 12 rep range then 2 at 10 then 8 etc. dropping down to 4 reps then I start over adding 5-10 lbs. to my previous weights. I might throw in a deload week where I do low rep w/ light weight and just focus on speed. I think my powerlifting days are behind me though.

Archived