Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from the Bayou...

Hey y'all! I am TMonk!

A little about me:

I'm 23 years old, born and raised in Louisiana. I'm currently working as a monitor technician at a major refinery in SWLA, and I hope to one day get out of there! I've been trying to figure out what I want to do as a career, I've had a few ideas but nothing I'm positive. I really want to become my own boss, but mostly just want to find out with what first.

I have an extreme love for computers and tech, and (sadly) I spend the majority of my time on the internet. My passion is music, and I'm pretty good at playing drums and decent on guitar.

I've always wanted to do something helping others in my life, and I hope to learn alot from NF to help do that some way later in life. I have a lot of drive and passion, but my short attention span usually makes them both useless at times :/ I know my heart is in the right place, and I know it'll lead me the right way in life and towards the right people :)

Why I'm here:

I've always wanted to be healthier all my life, but really never put the most effort into it. Back in high school, I was pretty tall and lanky, and I tried to put on some muscle, but never could stick with a routine. I think I lasted a month at the most.

A couple of years after graduating HS and being in college, the freshmen 15 finally caught up with me, and I gained some extra weight. Since then, I haven't lost any of it, but mostly gained even more. I would barely consider myself overweight, being around 190lbs and 6'0", but I definitely know that I'm not in the healthiest position I've been in my life, but the worst.

My main goal is to eat healthier, and to cut out all sugar and junkfood intake altogether. I wouldn't mind losing some weight, and I would love to be back at my high school/freshmen year size of about 170 lbs. However, my main concern, physique-wise, is to flatten my stomach and put on some muscle.

I also want to work on strength training to deal with aches and pains, especially my back. My current job consists of packing around a 20+ lb backpack for a total of about 7 hours in a work day (4 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon) and it does a number on my back.

The end.

Thanks for taking the time to learn a lil about me, and thanks for any welcomes that head my way! Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?

"Show them more HEART than scars." - This or The Apocalypse

Welcome!

Hah, I'm STILL trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Insurance adjuster is deadly boring, portrait photographer doesn't pay the bills, process serving involves getting yelled at a bit too often, and cashier in a bookstore means pretty much getting paid in books. Am currently a legal assistant because I suck at organization and I'm a masochist. Good luck in your search!

Excellent idea to cut the sugar, you'll be amazed at how much better you feel!

And for back pain... core work and posture practice, Mr! Straighten that back!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Ooooo cher! My folks live down de bayou in Houma. ...ok not really they are on the pave so they are not THAT far down de bayou but I've been in your neck of the woods.

Core work will really help that back. I'm also a big proponent of Chiropractic. You haz skills man. Poke around enough and live wide open and your purpose will find your passion.

& welcome!

Level 2 Human Viking Assassin
STR - 2, DEX - 3, STA - 6, CON- 7 , WIS - 4, CHA - 5
Participated in & Finished Challenge 4/30/2012

Current Challenge:  Thread Link

http://www.brittanis.com Come to Brittanis. Live the Legend.