Forums are back in action! ×

Hi guys, I'm Jamie, and if any of you are into video games and podcasting, I'm one of the hosts of Orange Lounge Radio at VoGnetwork. 

My birthday was last Friday, and I made myself a promise to forget weight loss, forget clothes I will never look good in, and forget judgment. I'm focusing on strength and letting everything else fall into place (though I am keeping measurements). Why not follow in the footsteps of my favorite strong female video game characters?

I learned how to do a deadlift today with an Olympic weight bar. HOLY POO. Well, I did get through three sets of fifteen, so that's something new. I've been doing the beginner circuit from this site and am starting to add things on different days to keep in interesting and challenge myself.

Any suggestions for the n00b here?

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone! Get Ready!

Orange Lounge Radio

"Where Every Gamer Has a Voice!"

- Live Sunday at 6 PM Pacific -

VoGnetwork.com

Simply, Don't give up. Find your own form of motivation and stick to it.

For me personally It's competitiveness, I set myself small challenges and go full out at it. Sort of like the 6 week Challenge here just on a smaller scale. 

I'm the Guy who lifts stuff.

Bodyfat: 14%   Weight: 74 Kilos

ORM Bench press : 58 Kilos     ORM Deadlift : 115 kilos       ORM Squat : 75 kilos

just do one more rep or one more 100m every day

over a year doing 5 days a week you have added 250 reps. simple as that, with protein shakes and rest

• [*]Level 2 High elf - Ranger (56.7 kilos, approximately 13% body fat)[*]strength 4, dexterity 3, stamina 6, constitution 6, wisdom 5, charisma 2.[*]Challenge - run 5K straight, do 3 day exercise with weighted backpack, reach rep goal for 6 weeks, revise enough for exams; maintain code of bushido[*]"Go into battle determined to die, and you will surely live. Go into battle hoping to live, and you will surely die"

Create a tangible (and reachable) goal. Maybe something like climbing a rock wall or being able to lift a target weight.

For me "looking better" wasn't enough because you can always be "better"

Good luck!

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Archived