Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!

I decided to join the Rebellion today and signed up after reading through some of the posts on the main website. I'm not good with introductions so I guess I'll just spit out a wall of text as to where I come from :)

I apologize in advance.

I was born in Southern California about 2.5 months before I was expected; I guess I wanted to start life early :nevreness:  However because of that I was always the smaller and weaker kid in my childhood. I usually kept to myself; I was always quiet and shy. Eventually I got fed up with myself and decided to change the way I viewed my self. The moment I decided that enough was enough happened a few years ago.

It was the summer of 2006 and I was on the eve of my graduation from High School. I had just come home from the commencement ceremony practice and saw that the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany had just started. Two national teams faced off each other in the one of the world’s largest theater of physical exhibition. I stared in awe how 22 athletes could run around the field non-stop for 90 minutes. The match ended and I became motivated to try and emulate what I had just witnessed. Little did I know that my fitness had deteriorated so badly that I could not run in my own backyard without getting winded. From that moment onward I decided that I would no longer allow myself to reach that point of poor health. Alongside my brother I became dedicated to become the most fit person that I could possibly be.

I hope that by joining the Rebellion I might be able to further motivate myself as I have recently begun to slip in to laziness. 

I look forward to getting to meet you all! :D

Edit:

I just wanted to add a bit more to my introduction post :tennis:

Over the past 6 months I've gone through a kind of radical change. Back in October of last year I finally got a job as a Chemist after graduating that summer. Near the end of November I told myself that I wouldn't let myself gain those holiday pounds that I would put on every year.

From that point on, I became more fitness conscious: I started running more; I became aware of the foods I would eat; I also started monitoring my stats more closely.

Six months later my body fat% went from 23% to 15%; my weight dropped from 175lbs to 151lbs; I gave up (for the most part) fast-food, soda, chips, baked goods, tortillas, fried foods and a lot of unhealthy stuff; I also stopped consuming protein shakes and workout supplements which I now realize maybe weren't helping me much at all.

Throughout this time I have become somewhat of a motivator for my family. They have asked me what foods I eat and what kind of exercise routine I practice. My brother is the person who's become the most inspired by my efforts. He and I are hoping to run a 10K jog in November at a near by park.

Currently, I want to drop my BF% to around 10% and be ready for the summer!

That's it for now! If I come up with something else I'm sure I'll edit this post again :)

Amuo
Level 2 Interstellar Assassin

STR: 4 | DEX: 4 | STA: 6 | CON: 4 | WIS: 5.25 | CHA: 2

Well I plan to go running more frequently or maybe even pick up freestyle running :rolleyes-new: 

One goal is to try and practice soccer once or twice a week; I used to play more frequently but most of my frinds lost motivation to play. My main goals is to get my family to a more healthier weight and lifestyle.

Amuo

I just looked up more info on tabata training and it seems like something new and exciting to try! I'll probably implement it for tonight's workout.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Amuo

Archived