Forums are back in action! ×

Fitness Inspirations.

Guest Dirty Deads

Today's workout inspiration is how great my ass looks in these jeans. Gotta keep working it to keep it looking this good! (vain yes, true yes, fitting into your clothes better just rocks.)

We need pics for inspiration :D

My recent inspirations are Ido Portal ( I want my body to move the way my mind wants it to )

Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen ( physique and the way he rock's that salmon ladder )

I want to be a superhero.

Quotes by Lao Tzu such as " When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be" really give me perspective.

lastly, I want to live through anything.

nah- I'm super critical and negative- I need the bashing to help me.  if someone stood over me my whole workout and yelled what a piece of lazy shit I was- it would be great. 

but no one likes doing that... :(

People are afraid to be honest sometimes. If you're shit here you get told, whether you asked for it or not. Just some of the 'nicer' ones need permission first.

But if I ever get to one of those NF meetups I'll call you everything under the sun!

Adventurer Lv. 1

20/100 EXP

this is true.  I don't work with people who like training like I do- I'm pretty much one of like 2 at my gym who does this (least at the hours I'm there) 

I'm game.   :)  

I like it- I know I can be better- telling me I'm good already makes me complacent.  Always pushing- warrior at heart is never satisfied!!!

Went to see these guys tonight with a very good friend that insisted on dragging me along because she thought I'd appreciate it.  How right she was..  

An insane mix of parkour/trapeze/rope work.  Never seen anyone do a tightrope in stilettos before!  So much inspiration in one place, it was staggering.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

"I will do today what you won't so tomorrow I can do what you can't"

I love this. I couldn't find a desktop wallpaper with it on (I'm a sucker for a motivational quote wallpaper)...... so I made one.

I've put a 1920x1200 copy in my public dropbox if anyone wants a copy >> LINK

Do%20today%20what%20others%20wont%20-%20

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

my latest two motivators have been-

The threat of losing my job because of my weight/lack of working out, so yeah, i kinda have to get my ass in gear...but it keeps me going when i just wanna quit.

Also, the current 6WC that i joined, I love competition, and i really wanna see what kinda difference i can make in myself in 6 weeks. 

Lifelong ones for me though have always been the mirror and the media, i see a dude on TV, and im like "damn, why cant I look like that...Oh wait, i can" or just looking in the mirror and not seeing what i wanna be keeps me motivated to do something about it.

However, i do not check out my ass in the mirror, although these jeans do make it look good.. :rolleyes-new:

I was born a fool and haven't improved much since. - Lattie Tipton

Dwarven Ranger Level 1

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:3

CON:3 WIS:2 CHA:2

If your after some aural ass whopping. This is one of my fave playlists, mostly spoken word taken form various movies and speeches with backing tracks.

8Tracks playlist - I will Fu#%ing pull greatness out of you

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

I re-watch Terminator 2 for the umpteenth time. The Sarah Connor poster on my closet door works too.... Someday I'll have chin-up skills (and arm/shoulder muscles) like those.

Also, the transformation stories on the blog here. Spezzy's is the reason I'm finally taking my deadlifts seriously!

So I had recently decided I was not going to be capable of doing muscle ups because of my decidedly fucked up elbows.

This is John Streetman VMI Class of 05.  A great man- a great Marine. And a great friend.

He was killed yesterday.

And I have undecided I'm incapable... and WILL learn to do these... no matter what. 

JohnStreetman_zps43fa92b8.jpg

RIP John.  You'll be missed- but never forgotten. 

I would have to say that video games are the thing that get me going when I've hit a slump. I play a little as one of my favourite characters, execute a few casual feats of awesomeness, and suddenly I'm back in the gym levelling myself again. Perhaps not the most realistic role-models to have, but who needs realism anyway?

LVL 1 Human Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

Non res de potes aut non. Quidam age.

Battle Log Challenge 1

So I had recently decided I was not going to be capable of doing muscle ups because of my decidedly fucked up elbows.

This is John Streetman VMI Class of 05.  A great man- a great Marine. And a great friend.

He was killed yesterday.

And I have undecided I'm incapable... and WILL learn to do these... no matter what. 

JohnStreetman_zps43fa92b8.jpg

RIP John.  You'll be missed- but never forgotten. 

All the brave men and women who died fighting for their countries will be remembered. RIP. 

Are you in the Marines?

Level 2 Gladiatrix-in-Training

Spartan Warrior 

STR 8; DEX 4; STA 4.75; CON 5; WIS 2.75; CHA 4.5

"A man must accept his fate, or be destroyed by it."

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Archived