Forums are back in action! ×

New Clean and Press PR! (Nothing to do with laundry...)

SuperUnison

Hit a new PR for Clean and Press today. Managed 45kg (~100lb) for 3 reps.

I definitely think I could clean more than that, it's the press part of the movement which is challenging! Hope to be up to bodyweight by the end of the year with more training!

Also had a good gym session, talked to some people about deadlifting. Also saw my occasional training buddy, he was doing some KeRaZy mens health routine involving a million different exercises and bits of equipment. Despite this he was saying he was now struggling to deadlift 90kg... *sigh*

Is your training buddy trying to increase his deadlift, or is he doing that other routine for some other goal and just disappointed that it has side-effects?

Either way, congrats to you!  7137024335_b44dc79c46_t.jpg

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

I think he's maybe chasing another goal? I dunno. All I know is a few months ago when he was training with me he could lift 140kg, now he's just doing rack pulls and struggling with grip.

Just a bit disappointing I guess, he wanted to learn the barbell lifts from me, but has dropped some of the more difficult stuff like I've seen a lot of people do. :s Maybe when I finally lift 3x body weight it'll inspire him to try again.

Archived