Forums are back in action! ×

Wibbly-wobbly Wood Elf

Hi all, I'm totally new to the site and started a health improvement regimen about a month ago, as suggested by my doctor. I recently came off of a course of Prednisone for my lupus, which caused me to gain a lot of weight and lose a lot of muscle mass over the course of 4 months. I am hoping to rectify both issues by leveling up. :pirate: I've already made changes to my diet and have started a light workout routine; I aim to completely cut out processed foods within 6 weeks and lose 30 pounds within a reasonable amount of time, as well as build up some endurance and enter a period of lupus remission. (If you have any tips, they will be greatly appreciated!)

Nice to meet all of you, and I look forward to joining you all in the quest for a better life!

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 2

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."

Current 6-week challenge: Check it out!

welcome!  You might want to have specifics for your goals.  Like cutting out all processed foods in 6 weeks.  Maybe have X number of meals a day be processed.  Then x number of meals per week, ect. Clothes fitting a great indicator for weight loss rather than the scales because of all the different factors in generic scales.

welcome!  You might want to have specifics for your goals.  Like cutting out all processed foods in 6 weeks.  Maybe have X number of meals a day be processed.  Then x number of meals per week, ect. Clothes fitting a great indicator for weight loss rather than the scales because of all the different factors in generic scales.

I've already started cutting down on processed foods, I just want to completely phase them out within 6 weeks. So far I've been allotting myself 4 processed meals a week and while it's been a tough transition, I've stuck with it so far. Good point about clothes fitting rather than weight loss; I'm increasing my activity levels, too, so I'll likely gain muscle mass (and therefore weight). :)

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

Good luck, I've been under tremendous amounts of prednisone before, I know how hard it is and how much weight you gain due to it. But it'll melt away, keep up the good attitude :-)

Here's hoping, I'm down 2 pounds this week, so I'll try to keep my momentum :) Anything specific you did to help lose the weight?

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

i relate a lot to everything you wrote. I was on prednisone for about 9months. I'm 3 weeks off now, kinda at the point where i'm fighting to stay off, but I really don't want to go down that road again. I also started cutting out the procesed foods, there are a few i'm a bit stuck on though. I HATE water so i'm drinking way too much crystal light, and I need some kind of coffee sweetener that won't break the bank. I would be interested in knowing if there are things you feel the same way about and what you plan/ have done to break the habit :) Sounds like we have similar plans. Keep it up!

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

Archived