Forums are back in action! ×

I'm overweight... YAY!!

Kunai

So while I realize that BMI is useless it's still depressing to hear you are obese. Today I came in at 254.5lbs or 29.83BMI, just barely under obese. That's using the suggested new BMI which at least makes some sense lol.

Height 6'2" Age 26

345/215/435

Strength isn’t just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I’m covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength! Haruyuki Arita (Accel World)

Yeah I know lol.  A little more why its a big deal for me. The rest of my family is, as we would say around here, major supporters of the Empire. My mother works for a weight loss surgery place and I'm always seeing Facebook updates that basically claim that the only way to beat obesity is through their surgery and anything else is doomed to fail. 

• "Unfortunately, diet and exercise have not proven effective strategies for weight loss, which has prompted the explosion in bariatric surgery."
  • The only permanent treatment of severe or morbid obesity is bariatric surgery."

Actual quotes from their site.

Height 6'2" Age 26

345/215/435

Strength isn’t just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I’m covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength! Haruyuki Arita (Accel World)

Had to beat them at the own game lol

Height 6'2" Age 26

345/215/435

Yeah I know lol.  A little more why its a big deal for me. The rest of my family is, as we would say around here, major supporters of the Empire. My mother works for a weight loss surgery place and I'm always seeing Facebook updates that basically claim that the only way to beat obesity is through their surgery and anything else is doomed to fail. 

• "Unfortunately, diet and exercise have not proven effective strategies for weight loss, which has prompted the explosion in bariatric surgery."
  • The only permanent treatment of severe or morbid obesity is bariatric surgery."

>.>

Ooof, that's painful to hear.. yeah, sure diet and exercise don't work because you're doing it wrong! Maybe let's try some different diet and exercise philosophies before we just right into cutting people open. :/

But good for you for rebelling! And for not being "obese", valid term or not. WOOT!

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Always take a healthy dose of skepticism salt when reading anything from a site trying to get you to do surgery.

And yes weight loss has been proven through diet and exercise it is just really hard and what hasn't been proven is that everyone has the motivation to mange it. Surgery is a quick fix, you still have your internal organ fat after a liposuction and a gastric band can help but you will still need to exercise and eat the right foods for life

Until Nanites get invented there is not operation that is perfect for weight loss

Rock on with the diet and exercise

• [*]Level 2 High elf - Ranger (56.7 kilos, approximately 13% body fat)[*]strength 4, dexterity 3, stamina 6, constitution 6, wisdom 5, charisma 2.[*]Challenge - run 5K straight, do 3 day exercise with weighted backpack, reach rep goal for 6 weeks, revise enough for exams; maintain code of bushido[*]"Go into battle determined to die, and you will surely live. Go into battle hoping to live, and you will surely die"

WARNING:

Exercise has been known to cause allergic reactions; Please consult a physician if you experience any of these symptoms.

Shortness of breath

Red face

Muscle soreness

Sweating

Thirst

Hunger

Fatigue

Funny.

Allergies are nothing to mess with. I happen to be allergic to food. Everything i eat makes me swell up. It is awful. Awareness is the first step to recovery though.

Congrats on the weight loss brother.

Level 1 Dark Elf Ranger

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 3

Stamina: 2

Constitution: 2

Wisdom : 2

Charisma: 3

Congratulations! As we've established, the BMI isn't really a good indicator of this sort of thing. Best way to track progress is how you look and feel. And I'm sure you're looking and feeling pretty good with the progress you've made! :-) Congrats again, keep up the good work.

I'm always struck by the 'thin' people that appear to be healthy in my gym sessions, but the second they have to do something using even just body weight (push-ups, sit ups, etc) they don't have the strength to do it.

Congrats on your first step. BMI, as you've read 23094209348 times, can be decieving.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

o_O

Congratulations.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived