Forums are back in action! ×

Book Club Book Discussion: Ready Player One!

CalvinHobbes

Just finished this the other day. Great read, and it definitely made me want to go play all the old arcade games mentioned. I remember when I was in high school and worked at the local movie theatre, we had arcade games in the lobby. Our favorite was House of the Dead, and the workers could always get through it on one quarter.

But yeah, I think this would make an interesting movie.

I read this book last year, and I was in love with it from the start. Two quick things about this book.

First its funny that some have said it reads like a script, It was actually picked up by a studio to be developed into a film before it was published. It would make a great animated feature, in my opinion.

And second, Ernest Cline actually ran an Easter Egg hunt similar to that which was held in the book. All the hints and secrets were actually within the book itslef, There were various stages that needed to be completed, the last of which was trying to set a world record in Joust. The winner recieved a Delorean last August on the show X-Play on G4.

He should have another nostalgia filled geek novel on the way sometime next year.

And second, Ernest Cline actually ran an Easter Egg hunt similar to that which was held in the book. All the hints and secrets were actually within the book itslef, There were various stages that needed to be completed, the last of which was trying to set a world record in Joust. The winner recieved a Delorean last August on the show X-Play on G4.

He should have another nostalgia filled geek novel on the way sometime next year.

That's actually really awesome, I wish I had known that when I was reading it to play along. 

I'm eagerly awaiting his next book. 

Archived