Forums are back in action! ×

TC10k- 11 months in the making

Suited hippy

Over the weekend I faced the race that has been one my my driving motivators over the last 11 months.

I'm down 87 lbs now, and almost all of it was lost with the goal in mind of running the local 10k race in under an hour.

I did the race the last few years with my best time being 1:36:33... most of the time was spent walking.

over 12,000 people ran in the race, without a doubt it is the biggest race of the year in Victoria BC.

Under the beautiful sun, along the ocean, with a goal in mind, and drive in my heart I crossed the line with 307 seconds to spare!

54:53 for a 10k!

I was ecstatic crossing the finish line. I could not believe how far I had come. Stretched  it out, walked home feeling like a boss.

Then when I got home I started looking at the results. I am a firm believer that the only person you should try and beat in fitness is yourself, but I wanted to see if all my friends made their goals as well.

As I went through my office team, I saw that I was the fastest person in the office... I went through my friends, one by one, to find out that not only had I met my goal, but I was the fastest of any person that I knew!

Walked into the office this morning to a round of applause. 

Today is a rest day, and back to the grind tomorrow to train for an up coming half marathon.

Proud, but never satisfied!

Currently lost in Fitness.

Archived