Forums are back in action! ×

I usually lurk for a pretty good year before I ever open my mouth on a new forum but my motto these days is ya have to start somewhere to get anywhere, so here goes.

The title I chose is the long and short of it.

Fight or die.

Let's just start with, I have tried...many times to lose weight. Each time I would start I was just a bit heavier than the time before. My most successful try was the last, 3 years ago. 55lbs gone in 3 months. Woohoo. In steps the love of my life, everything fell to the wayside. Now before you say what a bad influence he is. He's not. I just preferred spending time with him to anything, or anyone else. That all falls on me.

The last attempt was similar to this one with one very important destinction. I'm not trying to lose weight. I'm trying to save my life.

Over the past year my health has been in steady decline. If you want the details just ask ;) No, I suppose i'm not actually dying but I was definitely shortening my life span and causing long term organ damage. I'm down from 255 to 245 in just over 3 weeks, and i'm not starving or over exercising. In fact, I eat more now than I did 3 weeks ago, and I just started hiking this week. The biggest thing that has happened is that my blood sugar is stabilizing. No more dizziness and shaking, awesome.

i have so many great resources at my disposal, one of which is a holistic nutritionist/ yogi.

I'm also looking for people in my area who are anti-gym like me. I get bored. I need to be outside or doing things that will benefit my outdoor abilities, like rock climbing.

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

Hi there, sounds like you're in a similar position to me!

I had... annoying (to say the least) issues with my blood sugar until I read Whole30 and started on paleo a monthish ago. I'd know about paleo for a while but was skeptic that I'd be able to go without grains,  every doctor I saw told me grains were amazing for blood sugar drops. I was so surprised when I was fine having breakfast at 7:30am, not eat anything else until midday for lunch, then again for dinner at 6:30ish. I use to have to eat every 3 hours, it sucked!

What's your eating habits like? 

Being healthy is the best thing ever, you can do this! 

I'm pre-diabetic so the way I was eating before was causing my blood sugar to symogi, go really high (close to 400) then drop below normal (usually about 2-3 hours later). I'm avoiding almost all processed foods now. 90% of my meals are prepared by me now. I have acid reflux as well so I already needed to eat every few hours. I'm already seeing a reduction in my meds though so I feel like I'm on the right track. It's strange eating more food now with about half the calorie count. 

Basically I'm eating smaller meals more frequently, eating more fruits and veggies and less refined sugars.

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm hoping being on here, working with friends and family, and having a blog will keep me accountable too.

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

Archived