Forums are back in action! ×

Fitness guide vs. Strength guide?

mootron5k

I've looked through the forums and couldn't find any comparisons between the fitness guide and strength guide. I'm on the fence between the strength guide and the fitness guide.

On one hand I want to become as strong as I can (strength guide).

On the other hand, I have little real knowledge of fitness in general. I've never taken any time to dig deep into nutrition etc. I know the strength guide has dietary information like the fitness guide, but was wondering how in depth it goes. 

I want to build strength and shed the excess body fat. I don't have the money for both guides and was wondering if anyone who has both could offer any advice about which to get. Even if you only have one or the other any insight to the content would be great i.e. quality or quantity of dietary info in strength guide and strength training info in fitness guide.

If I get one first and the other after I get the funds together, which would benefit the beginner the most?

Any input would be awesome.

- Warren

I suggest the strength guide because it has lots of information and it's newer than the fitness guide. Also, you can find plenty of diet stuff on the blog. For example... even though it's a few years old now, it's still pretty relevant: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/

In the end, if you want to build strength and shed fat, it's going to be 80% diet.

I concur with Loren -- I have both and prefer the strength guide immensely (not that either one is *bad*, its just the workout information is better on the Strength guide, and between the Operation Slim-down info in the Strength Guide and the posts on the site, diet is well covered.

--N*

Level 2 Assassin: STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4.5

Challenge: The Raptors are Coming

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Strength guide is high weight low rep workout (either barbell, dumbell, bodyweight, or basic training).  3 to 4 times a week.  Very good, I did it a couple of months ago, saw great gains to my strength and appearance.  Went from 145lbs to 160lbs of mostly lean muscle with some fat.

Fitness guide is a more well-rounded workout that spans 3 days a week.  Level 4 is broken down to: Monday - 4sets x 8 reps of a workout, Wednesday - Circut training, Friday - Superset.  Very HIIT, great for slimming down and improving cardio and energy while maintaining muscle that you have.  Doing this right now, post strength guide to slim down before my vacation :)

Archived