Forums are back in action! ×

San Diego, CA

So here pretty soon(almost two weeks! I'M SO EXCITED!) I am traveling to San Diego to visit a friend who is currently living there. I'm only going to be there five days(Fri-Tues) and though there is a beach and plenty of sight seeing for me to do while I'm there, I was curious if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on what parts of the city/attractions that I should definitely visit.

My roommate is originally from San Diego and will be moving back there in July. We plan to go to Disneyland(-little girl excited squeal-) once she moves back, but she suggested that I go to the Zoo while I'm there this trip.

Also, any suggestions of fitness things I could do there? I'll be staying at a hotel and sadly, like most hotels, their fitness center is rather lacking. Though they do have free weights! I'm just trying to come up with ideas of how to keep myself entertained while my friend is working Friday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Thanks for any suggestions!

i have not been to San Diego since i was a junior in high school visiting the UC school there. i loved it and would have gone there had i been accepted. i believe that i would live in San Diego if i could live anywhere in the United States. alas, i have been spoiled by the cheap cost of living that you get when you live in Houston, TX and will be here long-term.

i ended up going to college in West Lafayette, Indiana. one of my classmates from there is a native of Indianapolis, and he lived in San Diego for about six months in 2009. he would eventually return to Indiana because his girlfriend, whom he followed to SD, dropped out of grad school and they both did not like it there. i was surprised. i had never met a person who expressed any fashion of dislike for San Diego, so i asked him to explain. he gave the following reasons for his negative feelings...

1. it is too expensive

2. it is too spread out

3. it is too dusty

4. unemployment was very high (he lived there six months and could not get a job)

it is obvious that those who live there either disagree with these terms or overlook them in light of positive terms that weigh more. what are your guys' thoughts about this?

Hans BraggartSideshow Freak AssassinSTR 8 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 3You should check out my press kit here - http://goo.gl/1PA5W

I live in South Orange County (2 hours north of SD) about 30 mins from Disneyland (if D-land is in your future plan for a LONG drive through traffic).  A slight tweak to the Zoo recommendation; go to the Wild Animal Park instead, the Zoo is cool and all but the Wild Animal Park is like the SD Zoo 2.0.  Sea World fun if you like marine mammals and i hear Mantis the ride is fun.  I second the recommendation to check out Coronado and if you're looking to party gas lamp is cool but Pacific Beach (PB) is much better for pub crawling (cheaper too). 

Archived