Forums are back in action! ×

Hey!

My name is Nova, but I prefer online to go by Kitty. I've follwed the Nerd Fitness blog for about six months and I've finally remembered to actually introduce myself on here!

I'm 21 and I live in Nevada. I'm currently an Education major and planning, once I get out of the community college level, to pick up a second major in Asian Studies, focusing on Japan. My eventual goal is to become an early Primary teacher and I'm also hoping to do the JET Program once I'm finished with college and teach in Japan for a couple years. I'm currently employed as a janitor at a truck stop, which I actually usually enjoy because I'm physically active and it's a low stress work enviroment.

I'm a nerd of the video game/comic books/reading/idek catagory. I honestly just love good stories. I'm a huge fan of the early Final Fantasy games (primarily 5, 6, and 9) as well as the Kingdom Hearts series. I'm mainly a fan of the MOTHER series. I used to follow a couple manga and comic series in my early teens, but not so much anymore. I'm a big fan of horror, particularly cosmic horror and I love things like Neon Genesis Evangelion, House of Leaves, and Event Horizion. I also cosplay and I will admit one of the motivators/reasons I want to lose weight and become healthy is for cosplay. I'm also into Japanese street fashions, such as Lolita, Fairy Kei, and Gyaru.

I used to do Taekwando in my childhood and I'm really interested in getting back into martial arts, particularly MMA fighting. I'm also interested in learning about parkour and freerunning.

I'm very overweight. I technically fall into the morbidly obese catagory on most charts. I've been overweight almost my entrire life. Growing up I was always The Fat Kid or The Fat Friend and it was tough. I'm also taking medication to manage having Bipolar II, which has also given me a binge eating disorder. But, I'm learning to cope and manage my illness and I'm not going to let it stand in the way of my goals and dreams. I've been medicated for a year and a half and I couldn't be happier with how my life has turned around.

I'm currently around 270 lbs (123 kg/19 st) and I don't have much of a plan for now besides getting the excess weight off. I do eat fairly healthily, with an emphasis on vegitables and fruit and fresh things. I'm thinking the fault in my eating habits is too many processed carbohydryates and the fact I might be eating too much overall. I've lost about 30 pounds (that I know of) over thet last year or so and I'm at a really tough plateau I don't know how to get past. I really want to step up my progress and actually feel like I'm getting somewhere again.

Level 1 Hobbit Assassin

Str 2 | Dex 4 | Sta 1 | Con 1 | Wis 3 | Cha 3

Hey! I have a Tumblr!

Good for you man, welcome to the club. I'm new here too, still learning the ropes, but my experience so far is that everyone who raises their hand for some help is going to get it. Hang around, ask questions, seek answers, and you'll be able to hit those goals, and then some. 

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln

Welcome! And I love Kingdom Hearts!!!! I have played FF X, but I have never beat it >.< That's going to be a mission of mine this summer haha

Black Half-Hobbit Half-Human

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Archived