Forums are back in action! ×

ESPN Sport Science

Rand

Yeah I've seen a few of them.  two of my favorites are Jon Jones and Calvin Johnson.  They say Jon Jones striking range is farther than like 90% of men in the world and that Calvin Johnson's catch radius is about the size of a two car garage meaning that he can catch a ball in any any corner of it if he was standing in the middle.

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

it's a cool show, but it's really only good for pure numbers.  Sure Jon Jones has super long reach, but he's also in a sport that involves lots of grappling and mega close quarters.  Calvin Johnson has a catch radius larger than a two car garage, but that's assuming he has time to stop, react, and outmove his defender.  I remember they did one where it was hand speed of a basketball point guard or forward or something vs the hand speed of a drummer.  They said that the drummer would be using single stroke, but during the test he started doing a double stroke roll, which would've made his hands slower actually.  Also, they chose a hard rock drummer instead of a drummer who truly comes with speed like a jazz drummer or a good hardcore drummer.  That being said, it's cool to know that Rampage Jackson can punch with half-ton force or that a golf ball is the fastest moving ball in sports.

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

Archived