Forums are back in action! ×

I Should Get a Green Lantern Ring...

...with all the willpower I exerted today. A ton of pizza was brought in to my work from a client today, including my fave: meat lovers. post-15063-13674472953784_thumb.jpg

post-15063-13674473093228_thumb.jpg

Instead, I resisted and ate the lunch I brought in: steak and sweet potato tots. It was made worse by the fact that we're not allowed to eat at our desks so I had to see and smell the pizza the whole time. But I stayed on target and stuck with my meal plan.

So when do I get my ring? Who do I talk to about that?

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

that's awesome.

We have a one a month- or every other month meeting and they have deiceded pizza is the thing.  They got super angry when they were ordering and I said I didn't want any.

I was like- seriously- get off my back- I HAVE FOOD.  

Regardless- having to sit in the EXACT same room with fresh pizza is REALLY rough- but internet high five- good for you.  (I also had steak that night- made it easier)

Damn pizza lover work peoples!

GO STEAK!

EXACTLY. They're like Lays' Potato Chips: Betcha can't eat just one! And I can't. If I truly don't care about being a slob, I could put down a half a pizza, easy.

People were all, "Charlie, no pizza for you?" "What are you, on a diet?" "Come on, one slice won't kill you." My urge flip over the tables with the pizza was rising by the second.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

Kudos, yo. Passing up on the easy, comfort, social food ain't easy. And the stigma of being 'that guy' can be worse.

Nice job!

Thanks! In moments like that where I'm "that guy" I just try to make it more about me vs. my cravings and just believe they are secretly envious of my ability to withstand the siren's call of delicious, delicious pizza. FREE pizza which, as we all know, tastes so much better than regular old, I-bought-it-myself pizza.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed my steak and sweet taters, but me and pizza go way back, like kids in PJs.

Maybe I have issues. I just see any food that I dont eat as disgusting. Ive just started paleo and the only cravings i ever have are for peanut butter.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

just believe they are secretly envious of my ability to withstand the siren's call of delicious, delicious pizza.

I like this and it makes sense. Envious peer pressure. If they can get you to give in, then they feel better about their 6th slice :)

I'm stealing that mentality.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

I get smug satisfaction that I know I look better than all of them.

It's vain I know- but it helps me power through... I eat that crap on MY terms- not because it's just there and I couldn't help myself.

I hate with ever fiber of my being any inability on my part to say no.  It's weakness- I want total domination and control- any time I say "i can't help myself" I view it as a failure- so yes- I eat that stuff once in a blue moon- but it's because I chose to- not because I couldn't help myself.

So yeah- I'm better than that crosses my mind often in those settings.  and their vociferous objections only reinforce my resolve- because I KNOW it's out of jealous/insecurity knowing they aren't as resolved to "do better".  

yeah.

I start to buy the overpriced 28gram bags of lays if my cravings are unstopable.

because I have more than once bought the big one with 6x25 grams, and said "I just take one"

and then half an hour later all is gone :(.

can easily eat a whole pizza as well if I got the chance!

Be like water my friend

that must have been immense willpower, just keep focusing on the table and soon your green lantern ring will appear. there are meant to be recipes for coconut flour based pizzas btw so you dont have to lose pizza forever

• [*]Level 2 High elf - Ranger (56.7 kilos, approximately 13% body fat)[*]strength 4, dexterity 3, stamina 6, constitution 6, wisdom 5, charisma 2.[*]Challenge - run 5K straight, do 3 day exercise with weighted backpack, reach rep goal for 6 weeks, revise enough for exams; maintain code of bushido[*]"Go into battle determined to die, and you will surely live. Go into battle hoping to live, and you will surely die"

that must have been immense willpower, just keep focusing on the table and soon your green lantern ring will appear. there are meant to be recipes for coconut flour based pizzas btw so you dont have to lose pizza forever

I think I saw a recipe for a pizza that used cauliflower as the crust. Not sure how that works out, but that might also be worth checking out.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

It isn't so bad when you go somewhere with a varied menu, like today I had a rack of ribs with three corn on the cobs, no butter but there was a sweet glaze. And honestly that was fine. When you go to a pizza joint it is aggravating, and people telling you to eat it makes no sense to me, do they get some vicarious pleasure from knowing that what they are eating you couldn't resist.

Or are they just trying to tell themselves no one can diet when this stuff is in front of them so they don't feel so uncontrolled. Either way though, paleo doesn't make you live longer, medicine does that, paleo just makes it so you die of different things. Sh the joys of liposuction, heart transplants, liver transfers and bone marrow transfusions. There is nothing you can't rationalise if you have the money...it all seems wrong how little consequences our choices can have

• [*]Level 2 High elf - Ranger (56.7 kilos, approximately 13% body fat)[*]strength 4, dexterity 3, stamina 6, constitution 6, wisdom 5, charisma 2.[*]Challenge - run 5K straight, do 3 day exercise with weighted backpack, reach rep goal for 6 weeks, revise enough for exams; maintain code of bushido[*]"Go into battle determined to die, and you will surely live. Go into battle hoping to live, and you will surely die"

...with all the willpower I exerted today. A ton of pizza was brought in to my work from a client today, including my fave: meat lovers. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1367447294.005365.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1367447308.118886.jpg

Instead, I resisted and ate the lunch I brought in: steak and sweet potato tots. It was made worse by the fact that we're not allowed to eat at our desks so I had to see and smell the pizza the whole time. But I stayed on target and stuck with my meal plan.

Congratulations.  Pizza is my kryptonite (to mix superhero metaphors).  Every time I try it it tastes like tomato coated cardboard these days but the smell still drives me crazy.  Not sure I'd have been able to stay in the room.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived