Forums are back in action! ×

Has anyone done one of these? I'm planning on doing a Tough Mudder in 2014, but I want to try and do a couple of mud/adventure runs between now and then and I'm getting a small group of my friends together to do the New England 5K Foam Fest in July. I know it's nowhere near the challenge of a Tough Mudder, but I anticipate it will be plenty of fun any way.

So who's done one of these before?

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

I found out about Foam Fest like 3 weeks after they had their race in my city. SOOO upset I missed it. They look awesome, apparently they have a 3-story inflatable slide they bring to every race!!

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Ooooh the Foam Fest sounds like a bunch of fun!  Unfortunately there aren't too many of these kinds of races/runs around my city.  Last year my sister and I participated in a Spartan Sprint which was super fantastic!  This year we are doing another Spartan Sprint, as well as, a Mud Hero, and a Run or Dye.  The Run or Dye is the only one close to home so the other two will be road trips!  Super excited about them though!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

I've been dying to do SOMEthing, but there were either scheduling conflicts, distance issues or just too late in the registration period to be financially feasible. This one is just right in the sweet spot of all three. Super psyched to do it, too.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

All these adventure races are so cool! I hope to join you guys on one someday. :)

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

It's amazing how many there are out there when you actually start looking.  The city where I live has a lot of regular 5 km hikes/races/runs without obstacles which I just found out about the other day.  If I wanted to I could do one pretty much every weekend for the entire summer.  They need to get more obstacle course races here.  They only have one and it is disgustingly expensive to participate in.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Archived