Forums are back in action! ×

Totally won over by the Zelda article...

Hi!

I'm Becky, and I'm from Manchester in the UK. I found this site this morning whilst looking for some fitness inspiration. I have around 6 stone to lose, really not interested in the fad diets and starting to quite like the idea of eating like a caveman! I have a few goals in mind - I want to get the weight off because it's causing massive problems playing ball hockey. I've had all the usual drama obsessing with the scales, dress size etc. but now I just want to get healthy and strong - I hate the "skinny" look too that comes from way too few calories. I also want to make the GB ball hockey team and this can only help, right? I also love the idea of being able to lift really heavy things! I have decent strength in my legs, but my upper body is embarrassing - not good considering I play in goal!

I'm well on the cardio train (well... kinda. Fallen off the wagon slightly recently) but want to start adding more weights and resistance training into the mix to really up my game. Eating habits are the most difficult thing I'm finding right now, but I'm hitting that point where my body is telling me to stop eating crap.

Got to admit, when I first heard of the paleo diet (it was from a personal trainer friend a few weeks back) I was very dubious. I had a good read through some of the articles on here though, and in other places, and it seems way better than I expected. Just got to figure out how to cope when our housemate orders a curry.

What am I going to bring? I'm probably going to be that irritating newbie that just never stops asking questions ;)

I'm a bit of a maths geek, am not really a gamer other than Zelda and the old Mario and Sonic games, and there's nothing better than a good science-y conversation full of ridiculous facts that have no real purpose other than being hella cool!

So, hey everyone! :)

hello and welcome!  ask away; you'll find there's plenty of people around through the different forums that can try to help with any info.  I'm a relative newbie as well.  Will you be jumping into the current 6-week challenge?  You don't have to wait until the next one; just figure out some specific goals in terms of exercise and diet and then start chugging along.  gl and have fun

it is pretty fun.  I always felt that weight loss and workouts were some sort of painful endurance.  I've realized looking at all different workouts and meals that it can be interesting.  If it's interesting and fun; then you're more likely to stick with it right?  there's tons of resources here.

Archived