Forums are back in action! ×

Signed up for crossfit fundamentals!

I just signed up for the fundamentals at my local box as well - Crossfit has been something I'be wanted to try for a while, and my schedule has finally freed up a bit....good luck!

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

Sorry I'm just not responding! It's been a long month.  I'm almost through what my box calls "on-ramp".  It's two classes twice a week.  So far so good.  What I've noticed so far is that I need to clean up my diet and tailor it to the workouts.  Otherwise, I'm severely sore afterwards.  I'm a self-proclaimed nerd (I mean we all are right?) and I have zero, and I'm talking zero rhythm... or coordination, which turns out to be a bit of a disadvantage.  Take wall balls for example, I have one hell of a time connecting the throw & squat together.  

How's it going for you? 

Current Challenge Thread ---> Here!

Mom. Wife. Engineer. Kicking Ass & Taking Names!

Pretty well. I like the workouts, but I wish the class was a little more structured. We have classes mon., tues., thurs. nights and a different instructor each of those nights, and they seem to be "third tier".

I've only even seen the owner and head instructor a couple of times in the gym, usually just as he's leaving, never worked with him. 2nd in rank is Ginny, who taught 2 of the 3 Saturday classes I went to and I really like her.

I really like all the instructors, but we usually start class with the questions "what did you do last class?" or "have you done these?". With only 2 fundamentals class left I still don't feel comfortable with most of the lifts or movements. Description of course on line said recovery and nutrition would be covered. We only had a guided recovery one night, and nothing's been mentioned about nutrition.

Archived