Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations

My name is Drew and I have been lurking NF for a little while now and felt inspired to join up. I am in decent shape but want to push myself as I am a Popper and end up traveling quite a bit for dance competitions and want that extra edge. Popping is based around muscle contractions and the illusions those create so having more muscle mass enhances the illusion however a great deal of endurance is needed as well. The force of the contraction also plays into it so I suppose I want it all. I am 22 and work about 40 hours a week managing a small cafe in my town so I spend (or should be spending) a good deal of time practicing. Though after reading the Tao of Jeet Kun Do I have it firmly impressed on my mind that balancing physical conditions with my actual dance training is the ideal. I have been dancing for about 7 years and have a back round in ballet and ballroom dance. That is more or less me.

Vehmic the Level 0 Neophyte  

Str:0 Dex:0 Con:0 Wis:0 Int: 0 Dex: 0

"Civilize the mind, make savage the body" - Chairman Mao

Hi, Drew! You got me looking up videos of Poppers... that is unreal. What a cool skill you're into! I'm sure pursuing fitness will help you along with your passion in dance. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

Thank you both, I have settled on the path of monk-hood as I think martial arts is the closest to dancing (and who doesn't want to look like bruce lee?). 

Vehmic the Level 0 Neophyte  

Str:0 Dex:0 Con:0 Wis:0 Int: 0 Dex: 0

"Civilize the mind, make savage the body" - Chairman Mao

Archived