Forums are back in action! ×

The First Day of the Rest of my Life ... Sucked

Atharron

Thought I'd put this here as it is a milestone for me. Instead of talking about getting fit, I actually did something. So WOOT!

However, I didn't feel too good afterwards. Did a bit a of warm up, about a quarter of that suggested in the warm up article, followed by about a quarter of the hotel workout, then did a five minute bike ride. I came back and felt like I was going to be sick. Felt light headed and out of breath, so I took a puff of my inhaler, and suddenly had to lie down for fear of passing out while on my feet. I had this last time I tried and was told it was just because my body's not used to it and that I shouldn't push it so hard. But the thing is, I don't know what my body can take at the moment, so I'm just going through trial and error. Tomorrow, I'll probably walk the long way round to get to the train station, then on Wednesday, do a little more cycling. I'll go at this for the next couple weeks, before I step up and see if I can push a little harder.

As far as diet goes, I didn't eat before the workout, then afterwards I had a banana for breakfast. Not sure about lunch as we don't have a great deal of paleo type stuffs in the house, but when we go shopping next, I'll make sure to stock up on some. I'm not too fussed about diet right this minute, I just want to get more active and get my body used to it. Eventually, I'd like to go almost full paleo, with a treat here and there, but few and far between. My goal at the moment is to be able to fit into my trousers properly. I don't want to buy bigger as it could just be a waist of money ( :playful: ). So here's hoping I can keep this up, but not kill myself in the process.

Give yourself 2 days rest and really focus on the diet portion of what you're doing.  Then when you workout again set your last time around as the goal and just give yourself a little more breathing time in between excersices. 

Great job on taking the first steps this is the hardest part!  The results are so worth the effort though!

Human Ranger (lvl 3)

Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?

ChallangeTough Mudder Bound!!

I'm not too fussed about diet right this minute, I just want to get more active and get my body used to it. 

If you're doing this for weight control, diet is about 80% of it.  I'm not sure how big you are currently, but I ended up focusing on the diet side for a couple of months first.  But then again, they used to ask me to play Santa at christmas so they didn't have to shell out for a fat suit... (true story).  Keep going with it but make sure to keep that inhaler handy.  I used to need one when I was younger and exercising without it sucked.  Congratulations on getting started.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I said I wasn't too fussed about the diet, but I'm still gonna try. Had my first intentionally paleo meal today. Grilled pork steak covered in chinese spices (don't like bland food, and I specifically picked out the jar that didn't have any flour in to bulk it out), peas, and mashed carrot and cauliflower seasoned with salt, pepper, mustard and garlic. Wanted some gravy with it, but left it out 'cause of the flour in it, so I had some mustard instead. However, I'm not sure if everything there was paleo, particularly the mustard and spices.

Archived