Forums are back in action! ×

Approaching 2 years of no smoking and finding all my muscle groups again.   I am pushing and finding myself through my old high school days of swimming and my 20's when I did vinyasa yoga.    I peaked out from normal into the overweight side of life and that was motivation enough for me to back away from the computer and get back into a normal healthy life.   I knew the day would come when eating anything any everything would take it toll and it was not till mid 30's that it hit, so glad to enjoy it while I could. 

My main goal is to get back to my 20's yoga weight by the end of summer and to cut my body fat down.   Holding a handstand without a wall for 30 seconds would be nice or 2 minutes with a wall.    Once there, get back into a gymnastics and be able to do back handsprings again and hopefully learn to do a routine on the rings.  

Trying the paleo diet and found it to make the most sense out of all other diets out there.     The basics of it were always there in the back of my head, just never found the motivation to do anything about it or try.  I am easing myself into it till Memorial Day and then going full throttle after I get to enjoy a solid BBQ kicking off summer.   Seems to be working well already as just dropped a belt loop size for the first time in 5 years and damn does that feel good.  

Really dig the use of legos and other fun silly things used throughout the site.   As a Yogi, the recent spiderman workout plan is great as I have been using a similar style throughout my day.   Why sit down when you can do a wide legged strattle to do some work.    Dropped something on the ground, so use a half moon pose to reach down and pick it up and stay down for a few extra seconds to get the core and legs working.   If I ever find a way to integrate my favorite, the Bird of Paradise pose into daily life I will glady share, but don't think that one is going to happen anytime soon.  

Just glad to do what I can with breath to bring myself back into a healthy lifestyle.

Namaste

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

@Gilfren  Indeed I have been using my grill a lot since starting up on the diet.   Something about an open flame that brings out the best taste in foods.   

@sweetleaf5, thanks much.    18 years of habit sure is a bitch to kick, but glad its over.  Agreed on if you can quit smoking you can do anything mentality.   

I need to go setup my level 1 druid info and get some goals set.   I know everyday I do yoga lately I go early and for about 20-30 minutes before hand I do nothing but handstands trying to hold as long as I can both with and without the wall.  I have been using breaths as my counter and I see how many breaths I can stay upside down for and each day I increase by one breath.   

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

Hi DrDidg!

Congrats on quitting and your progress! I am starting to do Yoga and I'm trying to do it everyday as well--its tough since I'm overweight and I have the balance of a newborn deer, but I'm working at it. I am also new at swimming, I enjoy being in the water. I would love to talk to you about both topics and hear your advice!

Black Half-Hobbit Half-Human

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Archived