Forums are back in action! ×

The Force is not with me

Hi all,

I gained lots of weights during college (fresher's 15, GAH) but the thing I wasn't partying much, just eating a tad more and exercising less. So I started eating clean and doing portion control again, which I honestly enjoy doing, but the weight's not going down! It's frustrating really, because I do my circuits 4 times a week. I used to do more than that but I'm having my finals now. It's pretty frustrating really since I only drink alcohol once a month and it's just a glass.

I'm 5 ft 4 and 132 pounds. used to be 119 pounds though and aiming to be 110.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong and how to improve it?

I'm super duper new here so I may not be the definitive authority on this, but I had some similar discouraging dates with a scale recently. What really helped me was to start taking pictures. After I started doing bodyweight circuits and restricting calories I actually GAINED weight the first couple weeks and after a month had only lost 1 pound. Weighing myself every day was making me crazy but I knew my clothes were starting to fit better. So I started taking pictures of myself every month, and it was really eye opening. What I discovered was that I was gaining muscle and losing fat, so what seemed like a wash was actually some pretty good progress. If you haven't, I would strongly suggest that you start taking pictures and also pay attention to how your clothes are starting to feel. Every move is a move in the right direction! 

"I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul" -WEH

• Current Challenge: The 6 Labors
  • Level 5 Amazon Assassin

Archived