Forums are back in action! ×

I just proved to myself that free weights >>>> machine weights

gardemmit

I've been on Stronglifts for about a month now, but I've been lifting on and off for a few years. However, my fear of squats has relegated me to leg presses and leg extensions. Previously I got only leg press ~ 100 pounds and have around 50 pounds on leg extensions.

I'm currently on an 80 lb squat. Just for kicks, I tried out leg extensions and I maxed out the machine (around 200 lbs I think?) and maxed out leg presses too (235 lbs). On an 80 lb squat which is nowhere near impressive. After just a month! I'm never going back to machine weights ever again. o_O

Yeah... My boyfriend always talks about how he likes the machine weights because he's so much "better" at them, i.e. can lift more weight on them. I'm like... erm... well duh?

Hahaha. That is gold. 

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Watch someone on a leg press machine and turn them around in your head until their feet are on the floor.  Now figure out how that movement is using any useful muscle.  I was shocked when I realized what position they were really in.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Watch someone on a leg press machine and turn them around in your head until their feet are on the floor.  Now figure out how that movement is using any useful muscle.  I was shocked when I realized what position they were really in.

20130516_191528_zpsd8cdb1e6.jpg

Archived