Forums are back in action! ×

I started the Beginner's Body Weight Workout on Saturday with Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo loaded up in the iPod.  Jumping jacks and toe-touches to warm up.

First circuit: 20 squats? Tough, but I did it. Push ups?  No can do... I had to lean on a table to do them (no stairs in my house).  Lunges... tough, but I did them.  Dumbell rows - easy peasy, with an 8 lb kettlebell.  Plank? Tougher than I thought it would be, but I did it.  Jumping jacks - more bouncy movement than I'm used to, but I did them.

Second Circuit started with the 2nd Boingo song.  By this time I'm breathing hard and my heart is pounding.  Squats... um... no.  I can't get to five.  I decided not to try the second circuit, based on my out-of-breathness and wobbly legs.  Stretching, and done.

Off on errands.  My legs are very tired and feel weak.  

Saturday night: Ouch.  Weakness has given way to pain.  It is difficult to sit down or stand up, thanks to those squats and lunges.  Didn't I stretch enough?

Sunday: I'm wobbling around like an old woman.  My legs ache when they're not moving, and they're screaming in pain when I try to sit down or stand up. I really overdid it on Saturday.  In contrast, my shoulders and biceps have that mild ache that says I worked out, but could do more without hurting myself.

Monday, today: I can stand up and sit down again without having to psyche myself up for the task, but it still hurts.  I'm going to do the workout today, but I'm going to skip the squats and lunges until my legs are better, then I'm going to drop the reps to something like 5 and slowly add more as my strength improves.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Vistani

~ navigating the mists of life ~

Human Adventurer (Druid), Level 1

str 2 | dex 2 | sta 2 | con 3 | wis 4 | cha 2

Intro Post | Battle LogCurrent Challenge

Day Three of the challenge, and I'm doing okay.  I am staying in my calorie limit, and today will be my second workout of the week (goals 1 and 3).  I have yet to start #2 goal (Tai Chi), but expect to have more time to find what I'm looking for this weekend.  #4 will be done, too!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Vistani

~ navigating the mists of life ~

Human Adventurer (Druid), Level 1

str 2 | dex 2 | sta 2 | con 3 | wis 4 | cha 2

Intro Post | Battle LogCurrent Challenge

Archived