Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to Begin the Journey

Hey everyone! My name is Lindsay, and this is the first time I've ever been a member in forum for anything. However, I felt I should introduce myself...I've been told this community is the best part of being part of the rebellion!

My story, in short...I'm a 22-year-old college graduate in linguistics, about to undertake the adventure of a lifetime: I'll be teaching English at a university in Colombia for about a year as part of the Fulbright program! Though I know I want to go into teaching and academia and go back for graduate school, my life is still very much in transition.

As part of the effort to have a little control in my life (and help with stress and depression that comes), I started to take control of my health. I even got through the Couch to 5K program (below is a photo of me completing the Polar Plunge 5K in Minneapolis in March!). I have always tried to be healthy and always knew that weight lifting ultimately would get me the body I wanted, I didn't really ever set goals or follow a plan when it came to exercise. Like Steve says, I first focused on my diet this past month, counting my calories and watching portion control. And it has really helped me go in the right direction (I'm down to 134 pounds from my previous 145!), but I'm still left unsatisfied because I don't have the definition I crave. Where are my abs? Sexy defined arms? Shoulders and back muscles to die for? I still feel like, despite other people saying I'm already skinny when I tell them I want to lose weight, that I'm fat. Skinny fat, if that makes sense.

I have been reading Nerd Fitness articles for a while and really agree with the philosophy, though I still hold on to my frozen convenience meal crutches. After realizing I needed direction, guidance, and a community to get the results I wanted, I finally bit the bullet and got the Rebel Fitness Guide. I have about two months left before I go to Colombia to start my teaching contract, and I do want to continue with this lifestyle while I'm there as well. Hopefully by the time I come back on May 31st, a little over a year from now, I'll be a completely different person! So I just wanted to say hi!

Also, here's my nerd description: these days I absolutely am obsessed with Game of Thrones (hopefully I'll find time to read the books!) and Walking Dead. As far as video games go, I love the Final Fantasy series, but lately I've been playing the Uncharted series. Other games I have played include God of War, Assassin's Creed, Kingdom Hearts, and DDR, and I've dabbled with other RPG games here and there. And for movies, 300 has always been a guilty pleasure, despite lack of a very deep plot (the 300 workout is what led me to this site in the first place), but my favorite movie of all time is V for Vendetta!

735028_524928584226159_802787293_n.jpg

"You are not a victim of your circumstances. You are a product of your efforts."
First Quest | Second Quest

Level 2 Adventurer / Monk

Hi Lindsay,

I think it's great what you're doing. I've been teaching english in italy for nearly 8months now, quit smoking when I arrived, albeit counter-cultural here, and also excessive drinking which is unfortunately culturally coherent and it's fantastic! The food is amazing and the weather is relatively awesome compared to the UK! I'm willing to bet that throwing yourself out there is going to give you exactly what your heart desires but after all you only get back what you put in, right. Go and get what you deserve ;)

Umbongo

Ethereal Druid - Level 1

The Witch Doctor Trials, 1.

| Con 4 | Sta 3 | Wis 3 | Str 2 | Dex 2 | Cha 1 |

-Maiaverepauradiessere senzapaura-

Archived