Forums are back in action! ×

I'm really ready this time.

Hey guys, long time no see!

I attempted changing my lifestyle for the better around September of last year, feeling as though I was mentally prepared to make the changes. Unfortunately, I entered into what turned out to be a very difficult sophomore semester of college, and I spent more time trying to keep my head above the water and preserve my GPA than losing weight. With all the added stress of being a nursing student, I just wasn't emotionally ready. Instead of losing 30 lbs, I gained 20. So Now I have an ultimate goal of 50 lbs to lose, with 20 lbs lost as my "short-term" goal for September 1st.

I'm starting out at 192.2 lbs as of tonight. I plan on starting to follow the South-Beach diet as of tomorrow morning. I have has success with it in the past, and my dad has had massive and lasting success with that. I like that it's modeled to promote heart health- I've become hypertensive since I've gained this weight and I really need to take steps to correct that before I cause myself lasting damage.

I've also downloaded the couch to 5k app for my smartphone; as an equestrian, I've always been fairly strong, but my endurance has always been lacking. I feel as though I need to consult a doctor before I start that to make sure my BP is under control.

On a lighter note; anyone planning on going to AB this year? Only 10 days left and neither of my two costumes are done! *panics*

welcome!  As long as you have a plan, then I hope you do well.  school just causes so much stress and I would just forget to make food and realize way too late that I needed SOME food and would end up with junk.  the more prepared you are, the better.   I don't know a lot of acronyms.  What is AB?

Archived