Forums are back in action! ×

Healthy, Happy, and Hungry for More

Hi, y'all!

My name is Chelsea, and I'm a 19 year old college student in America, studying Social Work and Spanish.  I've always had the yearn for a healthier, simpler, do-it-now based lifestyle, but I was raised in a home buried in a mountain of debt, with parents who just had 'too much on their plates' and dishes and laundry that would pile up in the hallways, on the counters, and every where you looked was stress, stress, stress.

BUUUUT, the good news is that since I moved out of my parents' home, I've made a promise to myself to be happier and healthier, and to live the lifestyle I've envied for far too long.

I've been secretly creeping on Nerd Fitness for a while now, since I've been way too scared to really commit to anything, I know everyone here knows that secret feeling of "can I really do this?  I don't think I can... I doubt I can stick to it... I'm not good enough for this."

I'm sick and tired of that feeling, which is why I'm finally coming out of my nerdy closet.  My mom and I ran our first 5k together this past Saturday, and I've been leveling up my life over the past few weeks by eating healthier and making exercise a genuine part of my routine (it's amazing how much better you feel, even after the first few days!)  And I think, I know that I'm ready to be the best me that I can be, and I'm ready to devote my life to the Rebellion!  

I'm starting out with a few simple goals:

- Cut out all soda

- Run/walk at least one mile or do at least 15 minutes of yoga every single day (I never realized how easy this is, and not very time consuming at all!  I try to do more than this, but if I'm having an especially busy day, 15 minutes of yoga or simple running before bed really helps me to destress and get a good night's sleep, and I feel better about myself for having actually done something)

- Do-It-Now every chance that I get

- Join the next 6-week challenge to develop smaller-scale goals for myself and to keep leveling up my life!

I guess I should mention that currently I'm 5'2" and I weigh roughly 145-150lbs.  I don't own a scale and I don't take to weighing myself very often, but I instead usually measure my health based on my abilities/endurance/spiritual well-being (which is why I LOVE the idea of the Real-Life Roleplaying!)  I have almost no endurance and can't run a full half a mile but accomplishing 1 full mile run is going to be on of my first 6-week goals, and in the mean time I'm going to continue run/walk/jogging at my own pace.  I also am not fond of lifting weights or going to the gym, but I usually run on trails or through the neighborhood, do yoga and stretches at my own house, and do my own workout routines for ab work/strength-building exercises.

I'm so excited about joining the community of Rebels and improving my life.   :)

Thank you guys for being so inspirational.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference.

It does."  - William James

Level 1 Druid

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 6|CHA 4

Archived