Forums are back in action! ×

Spartan Race

Mayhaps you are under the impression that Warriors like running? We don't, me in particular.

I struggled but I enjoyed every moment of it. Grab the living social 50% off coupon and sign up, immediately.

Maybe not enjoy running, but that the Warriors here are so badass that they are in epically better shape than myself (which isn't horrifically difficult to do).  Like I said, my only big concern is that the one in Fenway is listed as a Time Trial.  And since I doubt it will have anything to do with The Doctor, it makes me a quivering underpants-holding gnome.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Oh.  Okay then.  I think I need to figure out a way to start training for this sucker, then.

Ohgodohgodohgodohgod whatamidoingtomyself?

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

OH thinking thinking thinking.... I really want to do one of these for funsies.

god damnit- it's like a fucking 300 mile drive.

That is lame on so many levels.

Talk Corey and Jamie into a road trip to my place... obviously.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

she called you fat.

I did not- but Big, Corey and Me??? that would be fat.  

Obviously she is delirious from doing an insane amount of burpees.

I am not- since I haven't done any in almsot 2 weeks. I'm on "pause"

burpees will resume tomorrow- starting at 76.  displeased jo is displeased- only 25 more days to go!!!!

Has anyone ever completed a Spartan Race and would you recommend it? I'm thinking about doing it either this year or next year. I'm doing my first 5k race this year so I figured, why not go full out?

I've done two Sprints and the Fenway time trial thus far (including one a few weeks ago).  I still have a Sprint, a Super, a Beast, and the Fenway time trial on tap for the rest of this year.

Never done it. My longest obstacle race was about 5.5 mi with tough obstacles. This will be my first spartan this year.

Do the death race!!!!

I'm seriously considering the 2014 Death Race.

For some reason it popped into my head that it's be a GREAT idea to try and do a Spartan Sprint at the end of the year.  I know there are a chunk of Rebels in Boston, so anyone want to fill me in on the Fenway Spartan run (I live in Medford, so it's easy enough to hop a bus and get into the city)?  I'm not sure if I can actually make it though if I do, given my current fitness level, but I think if I were to start training relatively soon, by November I should be okay.  Or at least okay enough that I won't curl up dead if I do the damned thing.  But I would kind of like to have some idea of what my brain seems to be pushing me towards....

Do it!!

Hmmm.....  I seem to now have multiple people to get my ass in gear to do this thing.  Only issue I now see is that the Fenway one in November is a time trial.  That would be a no-no for me.  At least not as a first one, I think.  But I may have to start planning accordingly now.

Don't worry about the "Time Trial" aspect of it.  They basically created the "time trial" category because the baseball park races don't really fit the sprint, super, beast categories.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Okay, so I went to sign up for the Fenway sprint... uh.... so many times.  If I wanted to join the NF team, which one should I pick?  Or does it not matter and can I register and then switch? (I mean, the thing is currently only at 50% capacity, so I'm sure shuffling is buffered at the moment.)

Okay, so I went to sign up for the Fenway sprint... uh.... so many times.  If I wanted to join the NF team, which one should I pick?  Or does it not matter and can I register and then switch? (I mean, the thing is currently only at 50% capacity, so I'm sure shuffling is buffered at the moment.)

There's more than one Nerd Fitness team?

There is not... just put in "Nerd Fitness" and click search. It comes up as "Nerd Fitness(KELLAS)" and there are already 5 of unlimited people signed up for the team

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Ah, I was apparently trying to apply to individual races, hence my confusion. 

Anyway, all set and registered!  Now to start working on more training...