Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy and pathetic, but here.

Four hundred and ninety-five pounds.

No, really.

I don’t have pictures to prove it, because, well, you know, you get above 350 or so, and you Studiously Avoid Picture Taking Opportunities.  Unless they are the surveillance camera at McDonalds.  To idly note, my standard order was 2 Big Macs, a 20-piece McNuggets with extra extra honey mustard sauce, large fries, a hot fudge sundae with nuts to eat on the way home, and 2 large Cokes.

I recall one month five or so years ago when I was really stressed at work, I ordered that Six. Days. A. Week.

Since my birthday in 2009, I have lost two hundred and twenty five pounds.  But.  In the last four months, I have put 30 back on.  Last year, it caught up with me.  Congestive heart failure.  Atrial fibrillation.  The words “transplant candidate†started to be tossed about.  Normal ejection fraction (which is a percentage that expresses several cardiac statistics) is between 50 and 60, 65 percent.  Mine was 19.  As of three months ago, it was 58.  Normal.  Tripled.  Medical team was mildly amazed.

I don’t know why I’m putting on weight.  Well, that’s actually BS.  I’m being sloppy, not exercising, and letting stress get to me. 

I’ve been a longtime Nerd Fitness reader.  I am not posting (my first time, yay!) to be some sort of online energy vampire, but to publicly state my commitment to at the very least get dressed, walk into the gym tomorrow after work, and sit on a bike, even if it’s for ten seconds.  I’m at that much of a low point.  And So Much Else in my life is going so well. 

This food thing has always been…well, A Thing.

Next time:  How I ate my way through a gastric bypass.

Thank you all very kindly.

Eddie

welcome!  so what weight are you currently if you lost 225?  I know that I was devastaed once I weighed an xbox.  losing 225 is amazing.  I havn't been here long but I can say that there is a lot of support here. 

If you're in a rut right now, then it's just baby steps.  it's annoying; it's slow; it's painful; but progress is still progress. gl.

Archived