Forums are back in action! ×

need to do more than dance...

I'm about to start high school and I want a body the stupid, annoying, little brats can be jealous of. I'm an irish dancer. For people who don't know what that is go watch "Riverdance" or "Lord of the Dance" but if you just want an explanation NOW imagine jumping, kicking, skipping, pointing your feet and do that all while holding your arms and upper body perfectly still, smiling like crazy, holding a beat, and not crashing into the person next to you. Anyway I weigh 116 lbs but I am pretty muscular so I don't look over weight, not to other people at least. I have my recital coming up and I want to burn some fat off my hips/thighs/stomach. Pretty much I'm only happy with my body from the knees down. So, I have decided to run/jog/walk a mile every day in addtition to dancing at the studio and my house. This is gonna hurt but since i started dancing when I say something hurts I get a huge grin on my face. 

here is part of my dance workout i do at home everyday 

• 150 crunches
  • 150 reverse crunches
  • 50 sit ups
  • 20 squats
  • 2 minute plank
  • 10 sets of 8 calf lifts
  • 25 t-crunches
  • 20 push ups

enjoy! :smile-new:

wow that's a lot.  just keep in mind that there is no such thing as fat isolation.  your body stores fat wherever it wants.  80% of weight loss is from diet; you can't outrun your fork.  welcome.  you might want to check out the 6-week challenges going on right now.

Archived