Forums are back in action! ×

I look like spezzy's Before Before pic

Hello everyone! This is such an amazing idea. Not much of a gaming nerd myself, but this beats all the other fitness/weight-loss forums I've frequented.

I'm 20 yrs old, 5'0 and about 125lbs. Growing up I was such a tomboy (climbing trees, riding go-karts, catching frogs, etc) but when I turned 13 all of that changed. I started finding all of my body's flaws e.g. arms too short, bum too big, chest too small, cheeks too flabby, not pretty enough... and so on. This continued for a few years and mentally I was pretty messed up. There has to be some kind of an outlet for such thoughts and mine was through surreptitious comfort eating. I would get such an adrenaline thrill sneaking biscuits, scones, muffins and slices of cake from the kitchen. Childish? Yes. Laughable? No. I stopped running (used to be pretty good, averaging 48 mins for a hilly 10km), shrank deep into my shell and steadily gained weight.... becoming more unhappy... less outgoing... lazier... meaner...

My 2012 can be summed up in these words: weight-loss magazines, fad diets, starting new "programs" every week, perpetually giving up and then starting over, hating myself, depression.

Until May 2013 when I decided to stop collecting underpants and TAKE CONTROL! Underneath all my insecurities I'm actually a positive, friendly, fun-loving person, so from now on I'm working on caring for myself and kicking those negative thoughts to the curb!

The happier me loves: tea, walking + sketching in the beautiful mountains surrounding my hometown, watching sport (especially rugby and cricket), meeting new people, baking + cooking healthy meals, learning new languages, finishing projects I've started, .... and most importantly - living.

I'm no longer striving for weight loss. I'm gaining health, one baby step at a time!

Later I'll do a post with my fitness and eating rough plans. Let's chat! Like I said above, I love meeting new people :)

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

Hey there !

Welcome to you ! It's good to see another people make the things happen.

As you say, a baby step at the time and you're coming at the right time, my today status is : "start small, think big !"

All success to you

(btw I saw you were from South Africa. I'm from next to you : Reunion Island - but live in France now)

Saiyan in preparation - level 1 : http://streetworkout-france.fr/?p=1230

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Salut neighbour thanks for the welcome! Awesome status B-)

Good luck to you too, on your journey

(NF people should have their own special salutation, like yogis have "Namaste", don't you think?)

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

haha okay, neat, will do

help me spread the word?

Archived