Forums are back in action! ×

Long time lurker, first time poster

Hey guys! Long time lurker here. I've been reading NF even way before I created signed up for the forums.

My name's Matt, from the Philippines, and let me tell you guys upfront, this little confession: I'm an underpants gnome. I've been trying to lose weight and change into a better lifestyle for a few times now, but it's always been the same: do stuff for a short while, then when something happens (being busy with work, holidays come, etc.) I go back right where I started, and then I kinda lose my drive. So maybe posting here in the boards might help motivate me more to stay on track with my goals. :D 

As for my nerdy hobbies, I play an Asura Guardian, named Gaur the Mighty, as my main in Guild Wars 2's Sanctum of Rall server (I'm currently guildless, someone invite me please?). I try to go online most weekend nights, when I don't have anything to do. I also play a nice 4/5 (that's a support, for those unfamiliar with the notation) for an amateur Dota 2 team with my friends. You can add me on Steam where my name is MeisterBatter, or on PSN (for some Tekken 6/Tekken Tag Tourney 2) as TomatoTam.

Anyways, I'm kind of an adventurer, maybe, as I still don't know what I want to do. I currently play Ultimate and Badminton one night a week, and I'm looking to add Muay Thai lessons (got a groupon for a nice and cheap instructor). I also do a little lifting (squats and bench press) whenever I feel like doing them, like 3 times in a week.

well I feel like adventurer is essentially the starter/noob class.  It's getting a diet plan and workout schedule that is doable as a healthy routine.  I wanted to get GW2 so bad but the controls seem like WoW and I really don't know if I'll like it.  It's not like there is a trial of pc games, so I don't play them much.  I was a huge fan of GW1 though.  Ritualist/Necro/Mesmer hybrids all damn day. 

As for the holiday drive; it happens to everyone.  The market has purposly spaced out holidays so there is always an excuse every single month to cheat. whether it's halloween candy, pastries and overstuffing on thanksgiving, xmas/other holidays, new years partys with drinking and greasy grub food, valentine's day, b-days, eaaster candy junk , 4th of july massive bbq with ice cream and ribs.... it just never ends.  So it's extremely easy to just get into a rut. 

you might wanna sign up for the upcoming 6-week challenge in a week.  that might help with accountability.  I know that it helped me a great deal.  maybe i'll see you in the next challenge as a fellow adventurer. 

and who's your fav tekken chars?  I love tekken tag 2.  Everyone feels so...polished.  Lars, bryan, dragnov...just so many good options.

Archived