Forums are back in action! ×

LIFT habit-tracking app

Avalonna

I just discovered an iPhone app & website Called Lift which I wanted to share. Despite its name, it has nothing to do with weight lifting - it's a free habit-checkoff app in which you set up habits you would like to do every day. When you complete one, you check it off, and Lift keeps track of your streak. It can also send you reminders if you want. I've seen several different streak-tracking sites before, but I really like the interface of this one. I think it'll help with motivation.

The things I'm tracking are:

• No sugar
  • No wheat
  • Meditate
  • Strength training (I might stop tracking this since it isn't something I hope to do every day)
  • Eat like a Klingon
  • 10K steps

You can follow other people and give them props or comment. My name on Lift is Annika @NEKLocalvore. I'd like more people to follow, so if you decide to join, tell the wide world of Nerd Fitness your username!

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

Yes! Same exact idea. There are several variations out there. I checked out Chains several months ago, but didn't end up using it. I like Lift better. 

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

Hey, Avalonna! I've been using Lift since learning about it from Steve's post in early Jan 2013 Why New Year's Resolutions Suck and How to Fix Them: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/01/06/how-to-fix-new-years-resolutions/

You can even follow Steve at http://lift.do/users/bf4a902e4405b0128773

I sent you a follow request.  My goals are: 10k steps, eat vegetables, no email before breakfast, take multivitamin, and write to do lists.  

The emails that they send out are motivating.  

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Hi, ARock! I'm now following you and Steve! Thanks for the links. I never knew Steve had mentioned Lift or that he was a user - cool!

Archived