Forums are back in action! ×

Lazy Lady Gamer, Trying to Change

Hi all!  I am completey and totally new to the whole healthy lifestyle and exercise thing.  Because, as my title says, I'm pretty damn lazy.  But, I"m trying to change that and being a nerdy gamer type, this place seemed the best place to start!!

I'm 36 years old mom of 3 (ages 12, 6 and 10 months.)  I have never been what you'd call 'fit'.  I've always been awkward, clumsy and self-concious of it.  But, I wasn't what you'd consider fat until after the birth of my first daughter.  Since then, I've been varying degrees of overweight/obese.  About a month and a half ago I decided I was sick of being fat and feeling gross and crappy and started tracking calories and watching what I eat.  Between Apr 9 and May 13 I've lost 9 lbs!  But in that time, I've been 'collecting underpants' and now am ready to do Phase 2!  Today was my first day doing the BBW and I could only do 1 full rep  (knee pushups) but I figure it's a step in the right direction!  I'm 5'9" and currently 232 lbs.

As far as my nerdiness.  I love MMO's and have been playing them off and on since 2001 (starting with Asheron's Call), most recently I was playing WoW under the same name.  I also LOVE Doctor Who and Harry Potter and think that if all else fails, watch Star Wars. 

I'm hoping to find lots of info and encouragement here!!

Thestrel

Half-Elf Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0]

Hello and welcome!

Your background is quite similar to mine and our fitness levels seem to be about the same as well.

Congrats on losing 9lbs!!!! That's awesome!

What kind if goals do u have? What actions do u plan on taking?

I enjoyed WoW though I haven't played in a few years. I too love Doctor Who as well as Harry Potter.

I am always here if u are ever looking for some encouragement or someone to talk with.

Hello and welcome!

Your background is quite similar to mine and our fitness levels seem to be about the same as well.

Congrats on losing 9lbs!!!! That's awesome!

What kind if goals do u have? What actions do u plan on taking?

I enjoyed WoW though I haven't played in a few years. I too love Doctor Who as well as Harry Potter.

I am always here if u are ever looking for some encouragement or someone to talk with.

Thanks for the welcome!!  Right now, I'd really like to get out of the 200's, weight wise.  Overall, I just want to be healthier and have more energy.  I've been mostly focusing on diet.  I'm still working on that as I tend to be really repetative on what I eat (again, laziness.)  But I know I need to add in the exercise.  I need to build up my endurance and my strength both. 

I haven't played WoW for a few months.  I'm just too cheap to do it, though I did enjoy the newest expansion quite a bit.  Most of my guildmates have either quit or are playing Diablo 3 so it's not nearly as fun as it used to be.

Thank you!!!!  I'm sure I"ll be needing some encouragement.  I'm terrible hard on myself and tend to get discouraged.

Thestrel

Half-Elf Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0]

Welcome! I'm very lazy myself, so I find NF is a great way to stay accountable (as long as I don't get distracted and browse for hours, collecting more underpants haha). Great to have you with us and good luck!

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

Hey fellow gammer!

I often get stressed out after dealing with life and then all I want to do is sit down to my computer and game. I'm a newb also, so I'm thinking about making a goal for myself, like before I sit down to game, I'll have to do 1/2 hour of excersize first. If I sit down first with a drink and say to myself, "I'll just do it later", then I'm just kidding myself. lol

gl hf!

Archived