Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone, an introduction for you

What's up everyone? My name is Ricky and I live in Raleigh, NC

STATS:

Ht: 6'0

Wt: 270 lbs (starting weight)

Loc: Raleigh, NC

My son was born 10 months ago and I put on a ton of weight. about 2 months ago I decided to change my disgusting lifestyle for something that will keep me around a bit longer for my awesome little dude. On March 29, 2013 I went to my first Wing Chun class, I stopped drinking soda, and I started eating healthier. You see, I was drinking 3 mountain dews per day (and no water at all) and eating fast food 3 times per day. on April 29, 2013 I weighed in at 250 lbs. 20 lbs dropped off in a month. I am, however, hovering around there right now which kind of sucks, but I can feel muscle building again which is awesome.

So I have two goals that will send me into overdrive to get even more in shape faster. In October, I want to go to the Color Me Rad 5k and be able to run a decent time at it (It's not timed, but I want to do well and prove to myself I can do a 5k). From there, I want to... wait for it... do the local Spartan Sprint (www.spartanrace.com) in March 2014.

That's me. I know that this was written poorly and kind of all over the place, but I'm at work and I'm exhausted right now ;)

Welcome!

Those are some killer goals. Good job on your progress, so far. I'm a complete newbie, when it comes to weight and have just started the changes, but I am excited. Do tell, what is Wing Chun?

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

Archived