Forums are back in action! ×

Back, with a few changes

Hello everyone.  I'm back, with a few changes.

In the time I haven't been here, I've been at the grindstone with my doctors, who have diagnosed IBS and microscopic colitis.  Needless to say, I've been trying to find the right eating plan that works with my symptoms, but so far no dice.  The doctors office has been completely useless in this endeavor, when asked if they knew a good diet for me their response was "google it" (no lie!).  I think I'll be going back on paleo, since I think the 6 wk challenge where I tried it, I felt really good!

On the good news front, I found out I qualify for the Silver Sneakers program through my insurance.  Part of the program is they cover the cost of a gym membership, so I went to the local Gold's Gym up the street from me and got my membership tag.  I'm picking up some workout clothes this weekend (all I have now is jeans) and I'll jump on the bandwagon!

My starting weight is, at last check, 186, at 5'7".  I don't own a scale, so I hope the gym has one.  There's a ton of classes I want to take, and I'd love to try out their free weights section.  I hope working out becomes my new addiction!

That's it for now.  I'll update as needed.  Thanks for all the support, fellow rebels!

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.â€

~ Buddha

Fitocracy | My Blog | Shiny Dayglo Battle Log

welcome. I'm going to start getting into freeweights at home.  I just need more sand, tires, and pvc pipe.  MWAHAHAHA!  I'm making weights with sandbags, water jugs filled with sand and possibly cement, as well as dumbells/barbells with pipe+tires.  good luck with the gym membership.  I feel to awkward to go to 'that' sectionof the gym.

Archived