Forums are back in action! ×

Meniscus Surgery - anyone?

Good luck with it! My fiancé has a meniscus scope in two weeks too. Which just happens to be two weeks before our wedding. Here's hoping both of them are fluid and easy recoveries!

Boo!!! Sorry to hear that. My friend had it and was in decent shape in about 2 weeks. Not sure how much dancing you'll do but I hope the honeymoon involves lying about on a beach!

Congrats!! Marriage is great!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Sorry to hear about your knee problems... I hade a meniscus tear and minor tear to the medial collateral tendon about 28 years ago. Slipped on a wet floor with a large try with two big ice buckets on it.... I had to wait over 2 weeks for a scope to be done.

I was able to put weight on it for a moment after the recovery room. I went through 4 months of intense PT. I had gone back up to school in Steamboat Springs, CO, where my therapist was the one that the US Freestyle Ski Team used. The PT was intense because of where it was and the guys I saw each time I was there. Some WAY worse off than me. I lovingly refer to that time as "4 Months of Blood, Sweat, &Tears". But I wouldn't trade it for anything. DO NOT[\u] skimp on your PT!!! You will pay for that for the rest of your life.

My bad knee is better than my good knee. I s e several friends who blew off a lot of PT and have big regrets....

I also have blown out both ankles.. No surgery, Thank God, but PT got me going again. Even used Acupuncture as part of the therapy. Pretty cool!!

Good luck if you have surgery and start your PT as soon as you can.

I cannot agree more with what Byounghusband said about PT.  DO THE PT.  It's gonna hurt.  It's gonna suck.  It's gonna be WORTH IT! I promise.

I may not agree with what you have to say but I will defend your right to say it to the very death.

Voltaire

My website: The Pen and The Sword

www.firstchevalier.com

My debut novel Kickstarter Project-http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1163624572/rise-of-the-herald-the-debut-novel-by-mark-e-malco

Agreed. My understanding is there will be no PT. my friend had this surgery by same doc and had no rx for PT and was walking next day.

I've had 3 really severe ankle surgeries, so I agree on pt

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

went as expected.  

Am up walking.  will be designing my own PT plan.  woot woot 

sports surgeons are AWESOME

I AM going the distance

Post op appt is tomorrow.

Was off pain pills in <24hrs, off tylenol by 72 hrs

Back to work on day 3 post op, back to gym day 4 post op.

Doing bike and heavy rack pulls. Other stuff is slower to come.

I AM going the distance

Hey thanks for checking in rebels!

I was back to the gym on day 3 post op with surgeon's blessings and working within his restrictions.  Surgeon was totally blown away (I mean legitimately blown away) at post op b/c I had close to full range of motion, could go up/down stairs, etc.  He said most patients are not even close (I know how to rehab!). 

We discussed my on-going rehab plan and he agreed with my plan.

So, 10 days post up, I'm able to do hills on the stationary bike, the elliptical for 2-3 mi with high resistance, I'm doing rack pulls and he let me start leg pressed.  I'm doing banded lateral movement (which I need for my sport), etc.  All doc approved.  He was super impressed.  Next week doc said I can jog on the treadmill.  Also, next week doc said I can start squatting!!! 

I still have swelling (no worse with activity) which he said will take 6-8 weeks to go away.  There is some damage to the quad and the patellar tendon b/c surgery. 

Luckily I was in pretty good shape before the surgery (lifted 2 hours and ran a 5K the day before) so that helps a lot.  And I know a lot about rehabbing for ROM, etc.  Doc is happy with my plan and I'm happy so I'm doing well. 

I AM going the distance

Here's an exercise to try my PT had me do.  Walk on the treadmill at  comfortable speed for about ten minutes.....backwards.  See how that feels :)

I may not agree with what you have to say but I will defend your right to say it to the very death.

Voltaire

My website: The Pen and The Sword

www.firstchevalier.com

My debut novel Kickstarter Project-http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1163624572/rise-of-the-herald-the-debut-novel-by-mark-e-malco

Here's an exercise to try my PT had me do.  Walk on the treadmill at  comfortable speed for about ten minutes.....backwards.  See how that feels :)

oh yea i love those - and sideways too!

I AM going the distance