Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, people! Lord of the Rings nerd, Sims nerd, and Kingdom Hearts nerd on board :)

Hi Everyone!

I am minx34, and I am new to this site. I just subscribed a week ago, so I am very new to the site and the community. A Rebel n00b, you might say.

I am going to graduate college soon (June 16th woot!) and I am going to graduate school for a Masters in Public Health in the fall so it is really important to me to get healthy. I am currently 5'5, 215 pounds. I was already overweight leaving high school at 154 pounds, but in college I gained 60 pounds overall. Not only do I want to lose weight, but I want feel healthy, agile, and more energetic than I have been. If I'm going to promote health to others I have to be healthy myself, true? In addition to this, all of my immediate family but me has hypertension as well as diabetes. I am overweight, but I have yet to be diagnosed with it. I want to keep it that way.

I am also engaged to my high school sweetheart+soulmate. We have been dating for seven years now, and we are getting ready to get married in August 2015 after I receive my masters and he starts his phD. I want to be my best version of myself for him for life, which is why I want to start a change.

I would love support from the rebel alliance in this journey. Looking forward to making some good friends here! I love to talk about Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the Marvel Universe, Kingdom Hearts, The Sims, creative writing, the Italian Reniassance,  great books, and any good RPG games out there--I am a broke college student, so I'm behind on gaming these days. I own a PS2 and a sega genesis though! And for those of you also engaged, lets chat! Especially if you have found ways to cut down on wedding costs...

minx34

Black Half-Hobbit Half-Human

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Welcome to the rebellion Minx34, and congrats in advance on graduating! Public Health sounds interesting, I may have to look into that myself.

And +1 for the Sega Genesis... aah, good times.

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

Welcome to the rebellion Minx34, and congrats in advance on graduating! Public Health sounds interesting, I may have to look into that myself.

And +1 for the Sega Genesis... aah, good times.

Thank you, and yes, check public health out! There is so much good you can do for your community/the nation/the world through public health. I highly encourage you to look it up.

What Sega Games do you like? I currently own Sonic 1 and 2, Pocahontus, Lion King, Street Figher 2, X-men, Ms. Pac Man, and a few others  :redface:

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Thank you, and yes, check public health out! There is so much good you can do for your community/the nation/the world through public health. I highly encourage you to look it up.

What Sega Games do you like? I currently own Sonic 1 and 2, Pocahontus, Lion King, Street Figher 2, X-men, Ms. Pac Man, and a few others  :redface:

SDFGHJKL LION KING. YOU HAVE LION KING. Hahaha sorry been craving that game since it's all childhoodness bundled up in good times~

Welcome fellow awesome person~! :D Congrats on the marriage too! Not many peeps have that kind of relationship and it's really awesome to see the loves! -starts singing- Caaaaaan you feeeeeeel the looooooveee tonigggghhttt ~?

Masters in Public Health~ That's impressive girl! (although I can relate with the college payments... GUH) BE HELPING THOSE PEOPLE WITH THE HEALING HAND OF THE GODDESSES.

"Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the Marvel Universe, Kingdom Hearts, The Sims, creative writing, the Italian Reniassance,  great books, and any good RPG games

out there"

I approve all of these xD -interwebs high fives-

~Nara~

Art Elemental Adventurer Lvl. 1

STR-6 | DEX-2.5 | STM-3 | CON-4 | WIS-9 | CHR- 4.5

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

I was raised on the Sonic games myself! I especially love the music, it's unbelievable how many of the tunes are so catchy. The newer games don't live up to the 16-bit glory!

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

SDFGHJKL LION KING. YOU HAVE LION KING. Hahaha sorry been craving that game since it's all childhoodness bundled up in good times~

Welcome fellow awesome person~! :D Congrats on the marriage too! Not many peeps have that kind of relationship and it's really awesome to see the loves! -starts singing- Caaaaaan you feeeeeeel the looooooveee tonigggghhttt ~?

Masters in Public Health~ That's impressive girl! (although I can relate with the college payments... GUH) BE HELPING THOSE PEOPLE WITH THE HEALING HAND OF THE GODDESSES.

I approve all of these xD -interwebs high fives-

*returns high fives*! I love the Lion King game, but I can't seem to beat it! >.< Any tips? Thanks for the welcome! We are now friendssss :)

Level 1, Rebel

I was raised on the Sonic games myself! I especially love the music, it's unbelievable how many of the tunes are so catchy. The newer games don't live up to the 16-bit glory!

Absolutely! There is something so fun with the music and the simplicity of 16 bit games, super awesome. :D

Level 1, Rebel

*returns high fives*! I love the Lion King game, but I can't seem to beat it! >.< Any tips? Thanks for the welcome! We are now friendssss :)

YAYYYY -hugs- FRIENDS AND INTERWEBBIE NEIGHBORS. :D And I don't know, it's been years since I last played it and all I remember playing last is the Elephant Graveyard one I think with the Hyenas chasing you. D:

~Nara~

Art Elemental Adventurer Lvl. 1

STR-6 | DEX-2.5 | STM-3 | CON-4 | WIS-9 | CHR- 4.5

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

Archived