Forums are back in action! ×

Finally unlurking

After lurking here for a few months I thought I'd find the courage to introduce myself.

My name is Emma and I'm a stay at home mum to 2 pre-school boys, over in the UK. Since having my children I've done NO real exercise and my diet is poor. After struggling for over 4 years with no energy to keep up with my kids I've decided it's not fair on them or me so I'm going to do something about it. At the beginning of last week I injured my back (no idea how I did it!) and decided I need to get stronger so I can lift my children without risk of injury to myself.

So, it's week one of the Rebel Fitness Guide for me and my first week of cutting out all sweets, chocolate and junk food. It's going well so far and I'm even checking out a local martial arts class tonight. If I've got to do some exercise it might as well be fun right?

I love this website and it feels great to have found so many nerds comfortable with who they are, it's truly inspiring.

My 1st Challenge

MFP - EmmaH14

Welcome Emma!

I'm a newbie here on NF, but I read your post and wanted to commend you on your commitment to get healthier for yourself and your family!

I think it is a great source of motivation to have goals when you are striving to reach a goal, not only for yourself, but for others. Makes you feel kinda like a super hero :)

I wish you the best in your fitness journey!  

Welcome Emma~ :D Ohh yes, with the martial arts can get fit, fun and kick butt at the same time! Good luck with your fitness girl! I HAVE ALL THE FAITH FOR YA~! You shall soon be playing helicopter with a boy in each arm~! (that actually sounds kinda fun...)

Hope to see your progress~! :3

~Nara~

Art Elemental Adventurer Lvl. 1

STR-6 | DEX-2.5 | STM-3 | CON-4 | WIS-9 | CHR- 4.5

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

Archived