Forums are back in action! ×

I got a payrise!

Today I got confirmation that an appeal I made against my job grading had been successful! The whole saga had been dragging on for a couple of years since some (IMHO) horrifically botched regrading process, but I'm now finally being paid the going rate for someone who does the same job as me!

(I work as an Emergency Planner for a local authority, so when there's a disaster we plan and respond to it. e.g evacuating people from areas and finding shelter for them. It can be fairly stressful at times and we have to speak to senior people in the emergency services in high pressure environments)

Took a bit of work, had to jump through a lot of hoops and phrase arguments in a particular way, but finally nice to have it done and dusted. The actual pay increase isn't giant, but I'm on a new pay grade which means we're seen as more senior, which is much more appropriate.

My girlfriend also got a new job yesterday, she's advanced her career a bit, she'll now be Head of the Drama department at the highest achieving state school in our city. I'm very proud of her!

(I did attempt to help her prepare by giving her a mock interview)

Either way, the future we're planning together looks very bright. :)

I think we're going to have a good weekend!

Very nice.  Congratulations and thank you for the work that you do. 

| LVL1 | Human | Ranger/Monk | Neutral Good w/ chaotic tendencies|

| Male | 33 years | 5'7" |168 lbs | Right-handed |

| STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2 |

Progress Photos Album

Character attributes: Especially self-critical and self-condemning.  Possesses strong polymathic potential, but circumstances, time and the will toward achieving that potential remain in constant fluctuation. Indecisiveness leads to indecision and determination must be coupled with foreseeable goals. Emotional quotient and empathic ability is high.  However, with indifferent resignation, can be detached from people and places .   

Yes!! Money in the bank! Dude, that's fantastic. You must have a great girlfriend who supported you through that process. Congrats to you both, and thanks for keeping folks safe :)

Black Half-Hobbit Half-Human

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Archived