Forums are back in action! ×

I'm baaaaack...after an extremely long hiatus.

Hello all. So I participated in one 6 week challenge about 7 months ago, and I started off strong and finished very weak...okay so I didn't actually complete any of my goals. Anyway, I had originally planned to take the next challenge off for the holidays, and I never came back because life things happened. Like making the decision to and proceeding with getting a divorce :-(

I am back now though, and have been back at the gym, on the cushion, and now on the yoga mat too. I am getting back in fighting shape for the next challenge which should be starting pretty soon it seems!

So as a reward for the challenge that I attempted I was going to get a new tattoo, a phoenix on my side. Well, I didn't get it then but I did get it last week and it has a

lot more meaning for me now than it would have before, it is my dedication to coming out of the ashes better, faster, stronger! Anyway, here it is, I love it...although I probably won't EVER get anything on my ribs again...Holy Bejebus did it wake me up!!!

post-9454-13695463886326_thumb.jpg

post-9454-13695463886326_thumb.jpg

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

welcome back!  That's a pretty cool tattoo.  I don't have any yet, but there's a few little ones that I plan on getting.  That might be a reward for a 6-week challenge that I complete.  The next 6 week challenge starts up next week so now's a good time to jump in.  you can still prepare by making definitive goals and a plan of action.  maybe I'll see you in the adventurer's group next week. 

First off, friend Harness.....so sorry to hear of the life stuff that came up for you.  :(  I hope you have some good people in your life to lean on.  You know you have your NF friends too.  :)  I am so glad you came back.

Second, that tattoo is flipping awesome.  :)  So much meaning.  Was it your first one, or do you have others?

Thirdly (because I can't say this enough, really)....so glad you're back.  :)

Hi Sambie! Thanks! I do have some great friends and family that have come together to help me through this (I have 3 close friends that have reacted to the situation with military-esque efficiency, lol). One of the many reasons that I came back here was for you guys! I have missed everyone! :D

Why, thank you!!! I love it! It was my second one, I have a somewhat tribal looking torch and flame done in all black right between my shoulder blades. It is about I'd say 8" tall and maybe 5" wide. It is a design that my closest friends all got on ourselves somewhere, to symbolize our 10+ year friendship and commitment to each other.

I can't tell you how glad I am to be back, really.

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Harness, welcome back and happy to see that you have risen above the challenges you have faced. Divorce can be extremely draining and it takes a lot to start again. 

The tattoo is brilliant. I intend to get my second tattoo soon and it will be a masterful thing. It's a present for myself for surviving a dangerous combo that is a full time job and a Masters degree.

I intend to be a druid some time, so I will be looking foward to hearing you talk about yoga.  

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

Archived