Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, ya'll!

I'm brand new to the NerdFitness forum, although I've been trolling the blog for a few weeks now.  I've started making changes to my diet, as in trying to eat mostly primal, but the transition is still in progress.  I'm glad to say that I have more good days than bad, so that's progress.

My partner, Chickie.Monkey, participated in this most recent 6-week challenge (that ends tomorrow) and has made some impressive changes.  I've been eating primal with her, as I said above, and have noticed a difference in myself.  We did not take pics or measurements of me at the beginning of the challenge, and I'm a little disappointed because I have lost some weight, too.  I've decided to join her in the next challenge (that starts June 3) to try to improve my own health.

I had back surgery in February 2013 (yes, 3 months ago) so my initial goals are pretty simple: eat better, drink more water, and get some flexibility/strength back in my core and lower back.  I plan to accomplish the last goal with water aerobics, swimming, and yoga.  I'm looking to do activities that are low impact and can help build strength.  Anything else it accomplishes is a bonus, in my book. (Don't worry, my doctor has cleared me to exercise, and I have no restrictions.)

Eventually, I plan to move on to strength training and to rediscover my love of martial arts.  I've been waiting a long time for a dojo to open in my city that teaches my kind of karate, and one has finally opened.  The problem is that I need to be in a certain amount of physical shape (including losing some weight) before I can resume my training.  I had reached green belt status when I moved away from my last dojo, and I'm really looking forward to being able to get back into it.  MOTIVATION!!  Right now, strenuous physical exercise results in pain, so I have to manage that issue first, hence the swimming and yoga to improve core strength and flexibility.

I'm looking forward to continuing my participation on this site and to joining the next six-week challenge.

Level 1 Lycan. Monk at heart, Training with the AdventurersSTR 4|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3.5|CHA 1.5

1st Challenge Thread

Mini Challenge #1: Get Sorting! - Now Complete

Archived