Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! I'm a Hobbit Adventurer. I've struggled with weight since I was a child, and have tried many many diets! I've had success with Weight Watchers in the past, but was starving all the time! Now I eat a clean, vegetarian diet. Here are some of my fitness goals ATM:

- Lower BF% ( Current 26.6%, Goal 20% or lower)

- Eat a CLEAN diet, meaning minimal packaged food, lots of fresh foods.

- Cut dairy, grains, gluten, and soy

- Cardio/stength alternating days, 5-6 days a week

- Eat 100 grams of protein/ day

Eventually I'd like to be a Vampire Slayer Monk, taking up a martial art or kickboxing and being able to kick some demon ass!

ETA: Stats

Current Weight: 130

Height: 5 ft 1

Age 31

Level 1 HOBBIT ADVENTURER

STR- 1 //DEX- 2//STA- 2//CON- 3//WIS- 5//CHA- 2

Gandalf: All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Oorah, brother - welcome to this realm! 

A little suggestion: Going from your current state (which I'd guess is you're not used to any of what's listed above), take it slow. Don't overdo it and for the love of the nerdy fitness gods don't try to do ALL THE THINGS at the same time.

Like, do you want to cut dairy ect because you read it's good for you or because you know it's detrimental to your health and fitness goals? If the former is the case you can make an experiment and judge from that. Don't do things just for the sake of it or because someone says it's "clean" - dietary habits have become a topic as dogmatic as politics. (depending on your finances and opportunities you'll also have to look what is economically viable for you)

Plus this is one of the few things where anecdotal > empirical evidence (especially regarding interpretative perspectives)

Also, are you talking about high intensity cardio and strengh training or low intensity cardio and high intensity strength training? You also need rest days, especially at the beginning - otherwise your efforts might be for naught because your body won't have time to catch up. I'd also be wary of going for running with higher bodyweight because of the stress on joints, ligaments ect.

Martial arts sound good, have a crack at some then you can decide if you want to roll with 'em!

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

Welcome!  And I second what Wolfhorde said.  Keep up with SMART goals and be observant of your body and how it reacts to the changes in your life.  If it's what you want, great!  If it isn't, don't push through just because someone somewhere said it should work. 

Level 1 Nord Ranger

Stats: TBD

Runkeeper | MyFitnessPal

Hello there, 

I have to say that those are very specific (Math! Curse you, Math!). Basically, what Wolfhorde said and also, since these are strict goals, don't forget you are human and bound to stray away from your path a few times. Don't get too obsessed about the numers and allow yourself a margin of error. This has been the most important thing I have introduced to my system of goals and honestly, I have been feeling a lot less guilty about not being 100% on target, which allowed me to focus a lot on heading in the right direction.

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

Thanks for the advice! I'm used to working out nearly everyday for the last ten or so years, taking a day off here and there.I usually do the elliptical for 30 minutes or take a long walk with the dogs. As for dairy, I don't eat much of it anyway (mostly yogurt), and want to see how my body feels not eating it since I might have a low-level intolerance (my sister can't have it at all!)

I know I won't be perfect 100% of the time, but I don't beat myself up when having an off day.

Level 1 HOBBIT ADVENTURER

STR- 1 //DEX- 2//STA- 2//CON- 3//WIS- 5//CHA- 2

Gandalf: All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Archived