Forums are back in action! ×

Just another nerdy teenager

Hi, I'm paradoxic. I just turned sixteen and I'm about to finish my GCSEs, so I have a longer Summer ahead of me than I'm used to (about 10 weeks - that's a lot for Britain!!) I decided that I would use this time to do all the stuff I've wanted to for ages but have lacked the time and motivation for because of revision. This includes:-

-Getting a proper singing teacher online and really start to get to grips with sounding good, I sing in a band but I can tell they're currently unhappy with me.

-Learn to play the harmonica and beatbox.

-Learn to lucid dream.

-Improve my fitness and health (the main reason I'm here!)

-Start a martial art and begin training in parkour.

Phewph. I know - a hefty list, but I'm aiming above the mark to hit the mark. If anybody is interested in what I've learnt so far, wants to work with me or offer me any guidance on any of my goals, I'd be very happy to cooperate, just shoot me a pm. Overall, I'm here for a good laugh and to better myself!

You become what you think about.

Hello paradoxic. It sounds like you are going to have a very productive summer. I hope you accomplish all you set out to do.

I would be interested in hearing how finding the singing teacher online goes for you. I am terrible, but quite often get suckered into doing karaoke (my heart and lungs are in it, sadly my voice is not) and have often thought I should do some vocal training so that I don't hurt people's ears quite so much.

Thanks a lot hysteria! I had found a teacher before starting this post already, those goals were set about three weeks before I wrote this post. His name's Robert Lunte and he's fantastic, I've had two lessons with him and bought his program which have helped me massively - I wouldn't advise him if you just want to improve your singing slightly, as he is expensive. I'm taking lessons with him because I'm really serious and passionate about this. If you just want to improve your singing for karaoke nights though, my top tips would be sing as often as you can, making sure you are in pitch, and if you want to take it a step further, look up some vocal warm ups on youtube (Eric Arceneaux is one of my favourites for youtube) to do when you have some free time, which will help your voice a lot.

You become what you think about.

Archived