Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Vancouver, Canada!

I'm a software engineer (game developer) who wants to stay active despite my many-hours-of-sitting job. I'm currently working out 3 times a week based on body-weight routines inspired by posts on this site, and eating a much healthier diet. (Mostly paleo, much more organic than in the past, etc)

My wife and I are planning to start a family soon (other than our adorable bunny, Daisy) which means I need to actually start getting fit now, so I can keep a routine that will carry on once I become a father. This blog really inspired me to do this, and I've been sticking to a good schedule for about 5 months now. I've always been a tall skinny guy, wanting to get more fit but never really taking 'the plunge'. I'm so glad I finally did.

Hi there! Welcome to the boards! I'm a big fan of BW myself

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Sweet! Another Canadian. I'm on the other coast, but damn if I don't love the west coast. I was in Victoria in the middle of February a few years back. I was literally one of the last planes to leave from the airport out here because of the snow storm. We got 50cm that storm. And another 50cm during the week I was out. I get to Victoria, first day is sunny and 15 degrees. In February! It was amazing. And everything there was complaining that the flowers weren't out yet and it's not the nicest spring they've ever had. I'm not at all jealous that you're out there :)

I'm doing BW workouts because:

* I'd rather not go to a gym, don't really have time

* I don't have a lot of room for weights at home

* I figure I should stick to something first, then invest a bit more once a routine is stuck :)

I'm going for strength right now, I think.

Robzilla: There is some reverse-envy too, here in the rainforest we miss out on snow quite a bit, and I wouldn't mind hotter weather in the summer.. but yes, Victoria is quite nice :)