Forums are back in action! ×

I never had to work to keep a healthy weight...then I picked up bad habbits.

So I am new around here, as you all can tell. I have an idea of where I want to go but I'm not sure how to get there but I figure this is the first step. A few things about me. I live in Wisconsin. If anyone out there doesn't know, Wisconsin is known for a combination of three things that usually aren't the best for any type of diet beer, brats, and cheese. With these all being things that I love. I have some big obstacles to overcome. I'm willing to give it my all so here is some back story to explain how I got to where I am now.

Where I started... Through most of my life I was always naturally very thin (like didn't pass 100lbs until I was 22) and I didn't have to try to stay in shape. I could always eat whatever I wanted and sit on my lazy butt all day but I never gained any weight. Now that its been five whole years since my weight hit tripple digits. I am trying to break some of those awful habbits that made me gain almost 35lbs. Habbits being drinking lots of beer, not paying any attention to portion sizes, and living a pretty sedentary lifestyle. My metabolism took a big hit with these habbits. About two years ago I went to the gym for about 6 months at least two if not three times a week. I was proud of myself. Then I moved across town and going to the gym pretty much ceased. I started eating a little better. Making sure to include more vegetables in my diet. But mostly still skipping breakfast and not understanding portion sizing wasn't helping.

Where I am now... I started noticing things being squishy and jiggly in places that didn't used to be. I told myself a few months ago that things were going to change. I am now eating a considerable ammount more fruits and veggies than I used to and I have been excercising more. Right now I am running about 2 days a week and someitmes doing yoga on the off days. Its hard for me to get motivated because for the longer part of my life I didn't have to try. Now I have to and finding the motivation isn't easy. The thing is I HATE running with a passion. Its not fun for me, and I keep trying to be excited about it I just can't muster up the excitement. So here I am trying to break habbits and make positive changes. I still am not entirely sure how to impliement a fitness program into my life so I joined here and will hopefully learn a few things.

Where I am trying to go... I want to loose the jiggly parts and get back to feeling comfortable with how I look, and getting back to my, what I consider healthy weight. I also want to make some positive overall lifestyle changes. Breaking the habbits that got me here in the first place. I want to keep these changes going too. One day there will be mini-me's running around and I want the energy to keep up with them.

Now that you all know a little bit about me. I am going to keep trying routines and diet plans until I find something that is feasable for me to acomplish. Nothing puts a damper in your plans like continued failure. I will more than likely be asking lots more questions as this goes on. Thank you for the welcome into what seems like a wonderful community!

-Stefanie

Hiya Sheisig.  I'm new here too.  I'm looking forward to the next challenge starting next week and setting some goals to help "level up" myself.  I live in Minneapolis and know all too well about the tasty brats, deep fried cheese curds, and lovely beers brewed by my Wisconsin neighbors. 

Bavarian Ranger -- Level twoStrength 5 Dexterity 4 Stamina 5 Constitution 1 Wisdom 5 Charisma 5 My Epic Quest Challenge #1  Current Challenge

Future goal inspiration from Kurt Vonnegut "Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.â€

Thanks for the welcome.

Setting short term goals is some really good advice. My question is how short should this short term be? One month, three months? I have no idea. I have completely lost my train of thought. Yes. Thats all right now.

Archived