Forums are back in action! ×

Struggling

I was on inhaled asthma steroids for years.  They did not cause my weight gain.  Sitting on my duff believing I could eat whatever I wanted b/c I was fairly young and drinking a lot of beer caused my weight gain.

When my activity improved dramatically, weight did not really come off but boy was my asthma better.  Cardio conditioning is GREAT for asthma.

I went off my inhaled steroids and guess how much weight I lost?  None. 

I kept exercising doing what I "knew" was best and guess how much weight I lost?  10lbs maybe.

I changed my diet dramatically and seriously changed my workouts and guess how much weight I lost?  50lbs.

Moral of the story - it takes a lot of time and hard work.  Your journey is beginning.  Stick to it!  Someone recently reminded me that some things are marathons, not sprints.  Remember that.

Keep the faith and know you can do it.  It's not easy, it's not simple.  The cardio is great for your asthma and improving your pulmonary capacity.  As that improves, you'll see where it takes you.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

*giggles again at crazypants* rest is good... but still wont help these rotten fatty fats go away >.< i wish i knew what i am doing wrong!

Actually Mir is correct in saying too much exercise can sabotage your body. Too much exercise can stress your body and signal it to be in fight or flight mode, which raises cortisol, which tells your body to hang on to all its fat so it can be fat enough to fight. Give your body at least one day a week off, preferably two days off.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27