Forums are back in action! ×

Lab Nerd Reporting For Duty

Hello Fellow Rebels!

It seems I've just joined quite an extraordinary group. I found the site this past weekend and with the upcoming challenge I decided I should try something new and make some fitness minded friends. So here's the backstory. I've always struggled with my weight and self perception. I've tried more than one fad diet and workout dvd but upon hearing about paleo I began to think about changing my eating habits. Once I stumbled upon the rebellion I found myself kind of excited about making changes. I'm good at being nerdy so why not combine the two! What a novel idea!

I work 10 hours a day in a histology lab handling other peoples discarded parts while wading in sciencey smells by louds machines. SAWSSSS!!! WWHHHEEE!!! That is my main excuse for not doing much when I get home other than being quiet and reading apocalyptic literature/re-reading WoT.

So now time to dispense with the ideas that my job is more important than me or that I simply can't and join with all of you in reaching my goals. Full speed ahead!!

Level 1 Adventurer

"... whatever the secret histories would say of her faults and virtues, the Light only knew, but they would be hers, not copies of some other woman’s."

Thanks! I'm really excited for the challenge and the support group.

My science is pretty fun if you like the weird, gross stuff that the human body can become. It's not for the faint of stomach but it's not hard either. I mean, there's only so many ways to cut up a colon.

Level 1 Adventurer

"... whatever the secret histories would say of her faults and virtues, the Light only knew, but they would be hers, not copies of some other woman’s."

Archived